Photo Assignment: Weekend 12/29/07
Well, I've had a nice week off. I hope each of you has enjoyed your holiday and some time off or at least a slow down in work. I encourage each of us to continue capturing images of "Holiday Warmth and Motorcycling." At the same time, we should move on to our regularly-scheduled Photo Assignment Threads. Lest we forget our time-honored parameters, we humbly offer these simple rules:
- Photos must be shot this weekend: Fri, Sat, or Sun.
- You must provide the EXIF information if asked (we'll help you, if you'd like to know how to get it).
- No photoshop alteration (we're looking to improve your skills with your camera, not software).
- Your photograph must adhere to the theme, which will be described below.
- Post only one photo per post, so that commentary can be easily provided for that photo. You may post more than one photo, but try to keep it to a handful.
- Title your photo so it can be referred to later.
- Post your photos in this thread only. Do not start a thread in reply to this assignment. Please post your photos no later than next Wednesday.
- And, the most important rule: have fun! We're looking to spread the joy that many of us derive from taking pictures, particularly ones that tell a story of some kind.
This week's theme: "Three"
Three seems to be a mystical number, the one magic numeral in equations, formulae, Pi, even the holy trinity. How does "Three" inform your photographic aesthetic? Let's see what you've got. I'll offer some feedback on these next year.