• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

What helps you to decide whether to attend the National or not

What would help influence your decision to attend the National Rally

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It takes a lot for me to miss the national! I've never had more than 2 weeks vacation, yet I've make all but 3 since my first in Oshkosh back in '93. I actually made personal leave time a condition of employment when I changed jobs prior to leaving for Durango in '95. The only ones I missed were the 2 left coast rallies and Fredericksburg. Of course being from near Cleveland, Ohio, I hardly got the bike warmed up a few years ago when it was in Lima.

For me the biggest draw is things to see and do along the way to, at or the way back from the rally. Preferably connected by great roads. The facility is primarily only important in terms of the layout, and how easy it is to get from one area to the other. For example, Burlington seemed very disconnected. I thought the rallygrounds this past year was the nicest facility I've ever been to.

Good musical entertainment is a nice bonus; however, there rarely is (at least for my taste). That said, George Thoroughgood put on one heck of a show in Lima! I didn't listen to anything in Wisconsin.

Bottom line is I plan my big trip of the year around the national. Sometimes it takes all of my vacation, sometimes it doesn't. Then I hit as many other rallies as I can get away with.

Pilgrimage to Mecca

I made it to the Lima,OH rally and had a wonderful time. The others have been
too far away. The RA rally in Asheville was great too! How about another shot
at a rally in the Southeast?

Back