• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

looking for my old bike, HELP.

B

bensonhurst

OKAY, we all make mistakes and I made a beauty.
In 1968 I was the proud owner of a Brand New R69S and after a few years, and two new babies, I sold it, it was a huge mistake and IÔÇÖll always regret it.
Anyway, IÔÇÖm not absolutely sure, but if memory serves me correctly I think the VIN was 662593 (IÔÇÖm usually very good at remembering numbers).
This was the motorcycle that my wife and I took on our honeymoon.
The bike was bought in Brooklyn NY, at CarlÔÇÖs (Linden Blvd?), and when I sold it, I was living on Staten Island.
IÔÇÖve been trying to find out if itÔÇÖs still on the road, and if itÔÇÖs available for sale IÔÇÖd LOVE to buy it back.
If anybody has this bike, or knows how I might find it, I would be very grateful for any assistance; it would mean a great deal to me and my wife (still married to the same woman).
Again; Regarding the VIN (662593), IÔÇÖm going by memory.

Help, anybody.
Thanks.

married.jpg

Good luck in your search. I certainly understand it.

I was struck by the similarity of your photo compared to one of Jill and me taken in 1967 on our R60/2. We are also still married. And I am especially enamored of R60/2s, because that was my first motorcycle.

http://jeff.dean.home.att.net/slash2.htm

BTW, Jill says I am an 11 year old, not 67. However, I feel I am at least 16 in order to be a legal driver.

The BMW in my photo is also long gone. I have no idea what happened to it. It has been replaced, however, by several other R60/2s.

Here is our photo, so similar to yours:

Attachments

• 67-web.jpg
    67-web.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 104
So, did the ladies ride side saddle? I ask because when I first started riding 65 (I was 15) all the girls that I took for rides pretty much had to ride that way due to skirts being so short and tight. Very distracting to have all that leg showing anytime you looked in the mirrors, distracting, but very pleasant, i must say!

Funny but when I was in Cabo San Lucas recently, I saw several women riding on the backs of bikes side saddle, sure brought back some fond memories.;)

RM

So, did the ladies ride side saddle? I ask because when I first started riding 65 (I was 15) all the girls that I took for rides pretty much had to ride that way due to skirts being so short and tight. Very distracting to have all that leg showing anytime you looked in the mirrors, distracting, but very pleasant, i must say!

Funny but when I was in Cabo San Lucas recently, I saw several women riding on the backs of bikes side saddle, sure brought back some fond memories.;)

RM

I have never seen anybody ride a motorcycle side-saddle.
I wouldn't take a lady for a ride side-saddle, throws off the balance and is dangerous.
Even in the 60's, chicks did wear jeans.

I have never seen anybody ride a motorcycle side-saddle.
I wouldn't take a lady for a ride side-saddle, throws off the balance and is dangerous.
Even in the 60's, chicks did wear jeans.

actually with it being as hot as it was in Thailand the guys mostly wore shorts and sandels and girls wore skirts just about all the time. Yeah it was risky, but at that age safety wasn't exactly a prime consern! Hell, I don't think I ever wore regular shoes for the last few years there, cept maybe when we went out dancing or to a party with a band and dancing.;)

RM

Back