• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Don't let this happen to the memory of Mr. Christ

Previously, after her plea and the court finding her guilty, the court ordered an investigation of facts on which to base its sentence. The investigation is done and it has been filed. I would expect sentencing soon, but no date is set.

The sentencing hearing is scheduled for May 20, 2008 at 1:00pm. I'm going to be there I hope to see some of you there.

Just bringing this topic back to the top of the heap. Hate to see it disappear before 5/20/08... which as you know is the sentencing date.

Is there anything those of us who will be unable to attend hearing can do at this point to help the judge/court to make the right decision - that is - drop the hammer on this irresponsible drunk.

I am recovering from major shoulder surgery but I may be able to cage it. Anyone need a ride from IL?

An "Order" was entered by the judge on April 24 that was not entered in the online record until yesterday. There is no indication there what the order contained, so I cannot add more. This does tell you how much lag time there can be between events and their entry into the record, though ... :bluduh

State of Wisconsin vs. Darcy L. Schehr

Dodge County Case Number 2007CF000245
Court Record Events

Defendant Darcy L. Schehr in court with attorney Mark Eisenberg. Kurt F. Klomberg appeared for the State of Wisconsin. Court addresses courtroom; victim's father makes statement; victim's wife makes statement; defendant's mother makes statement; victim's friend makes statement; defendant's husband makes statement; Atty Eisenberg makes sentencing argument; State heard; rebuttal by Atty Eisenberg; defendant makes statement; Court heard and sentence is imposed:

15 yrs DOC, 10 yr IC & 5 yr - imposed and stayed
15 yrs p&p
1yr DCJ consec w/h&t **no GPS**
Shall pay up to 25% of counseling fees not covered by insurance for victim's son until he turns 18
AODA/VIP
5 yr rev/IID
Absolute sobriety
DNA Sample
not less than 100 hrs Community service each year at high schools, junior highs or VIP panels
shall maintain full time employment
shall pay tuition/books/room & board for victim's son for 1 semester each year for 4 years at the University of Iowa; held open for 8 yrs when victim's son graduates from High school
costs
shall receive 1 day presentence credit should supervision be revoked

Here is the sentence in English

She received a 15 year prison sentence which was imposed and stayed and she was placed on 15 years probation. As a condition of probation she is required to serve 1 year in the Dodge County Jail without electronic monitoring.

The rest is self-explanatory.

I could not be there today because I could not reschedule a couple of hearings. It does appear based on the entry that the Court addressed the Courtroom that there was a decent turnout. Thank you all for caring.

Personally, I think this sentence is a disgrace. Big deal, she pays for half of the kid's college and a quarter of his counseling until he turns 18. Is it just me or does anyone else think there is something seriously wrong when a person only gets a year in jail for driving drunk and killing someone.

Here is the sentence in English

She received a 15 year prison sentence which was imposed and stayed and she was placed on 15 years probation. As a condition of probation she is required to serve 1 year in the Dodge County Jail without electronic monitoring.

The rest is self-explanatory.

I could not be there today because I could not reschedule a couple of hearings. It does appear based on the entry that the Court addressed the Courtroom that there was a decent turnout. Thank you all for caring.

Personally, I think this sentence is a disgrace. Big deal, she pays for half of the kid's college and a quarter of his counseling until he turns 18. Is it just me or does anyone else think there is something seriously wrong when a person only gets a year in jail for driving drunk and killing someone.
Strikes me as surprisingly harsh - for Wisconsin. Some long terms there (but then, I do bankruptcy, where everything is pretty much over in ~5 years, no matter how you do it - maybe criminal is different) and plenty of ripe opportunities to screw up and get her probation revoked any time up until she is what; 40?. Then, she would get about 6-8 years of actual prison time if she behaves inside. Of course, there will be a wrongful death action that will take away a whole bunch of her money for a very long time - and is not dischargeable in bankruptcy. The question with which I am left is, if you think this is not enough, what do you propose as a sentence?

The question with which I am left is, if you think this is not enough, what do you propose as a sentence?

Murder deserves hard time. I cannot add anything more than that...

The question with which I am left is, if you think this is not enough, what do you propose as a sentence?

Have to tell you that in SE Wisconsin (Racine/Kenosha) where I practice she would have received a prison term, my guess would be 3-4 years in custody and a significant amount of extended supervision (parole). I agree that 15 years probation is a long time, frankly one of the longest I've seen, but dead is forever so a couple of years in the pen doesn't seem like much in comparison.

work release too...total B.S.

On the milw journal web site;

TUESDAY, May 20, 2008, 5 p.m.
By Tom Kertscher

Drunk driver ordered to pay tuition costs
A first-time drunken driver who killed a motorcyclist in a Town of Rubicon collision last summer was sentenced today to one year in jail with work-release privileges and 15 years of probation.

The 28-year-old Hartford woman, Darcy Schehr, also must pay for two years worth of the college costs for the victim's son and perform 100 community service hours for each year she is on probation.

The sentence was issued by Dodge County Circuit Judge Daniel Klossner.

The district attorney's office had asked that Schehr be sent to prison, while her attorney requested jail and probation. The sentence could have ranged from probation to 15 years in prison.

Under the sentence, if Schehr violates the terms of her probation, she would be sent to prison for 10 years and put on extended supervision for five.

Schehr had been traveling eastbound on Highway 60 about 8 a.m. July 15 when her vehicle crossed the centerline and hit a motorcycle being driven by Daniel Christ, 40, of Iowa City, Iowa. She pleaded no contest to homicide by intoxicated use of a vehicle.

Christ, who was wearing a helmet, was pronounced dead at the scene. He was the married father of a 15-year-old son.

It is strange that no deal was made with the prosecutor. Yet the Judge did go light for the crime that she plead guilty to. And I always felt that when you plead guilty you always make a deal. Maybe she did with the judge. Sad, that is all I feel.

Back