Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: heated vest/jacket liners

Question Heat Troller

I just bought the Gerbing liner jacket and installed the permanent mount heattroller on the GS dash.

Whats up with this "permanent mount heattroller" Where do I get one?
    Jason Kaplitz
    Johnstown, Pa
    Laurel Highlands BMW Riders #294

K12RS on the Cabot Trail RedBeem's Avatar
    I've got the el-cheapo New Age vest ($109.00 Cdn) with a $4.00 Canadian Tire switch on it. Works like a charm. Cycle Canada has an ad for it every issue.

Well, I finally got a Gerbings jacket liner. I had been trying to find one in the spring locally, but none of the local bike shops stock it. The BMW dealer could order it in, but the price they quoted me for a special order was way too much. Then summer came and a mesh jacket seemed more important than heated liners. Well, fall arrived and with it cool mornings are back, so once again my search for warmth resumed. On my recent trip south of the border, I checked at a couple of shops I came by to see if they had the elusive Gerbings in stock. None did. I was trying to figure out if I could order it from the US to be shipped here, when as luck would have it, the local independent BMW shop, Anderwerks, recieved a big shippment of Gerbings gear. Saturday, the owner was hosting his annual Octoberfest and had a 10% discount for that day on all the new Gerbings stock. Although it was a beautiful 24 C (75 F) , I came home with my new Gerbings jacket liner and controller. Now I'm waiting for the temperature to drop so I can try it out

Thanks to all for the advice.
    Ed Miller, Calgary, AB
    2008 K1200GT, 2009 F800GS
    I can't wait to retire and have a fixed income. The one I have now is always broke.

Info & do it yourself instructions

Her is information on electric vests

http://www.motorsports-network.com/P...c/electric.htm

Do it yourself -

http://www.shadowriders.org/faq/electricvests.html

I have not tried to make one yet. But, being as cheap as I am I will probably try it before I buy one retail.
    That way, when it is all said & done, I will have wasted time & money, as well as pay retail.

Voni's next adventure?

Hyder -- as in Alaska, I assume? This is a personal, not an Ayres trip??? And what do you used for heated gear???

Mac
    Mac
    1986 R80RT, 2005 R1200GS
    Livin' Large On The Lake

Mac wrote:

> Voni's next adventure?

>Hyder -- as in Alaska, I assume? This is a personal, not an Ayres trip??? And what do you used for heated gear???

I lead a Girls Just Want to Have Fun scouting tour to Hyder in July for Ayres Adventures. Wonderful fun!!! Plans are in the mix for another next summer - and another open to bothguys and gals.

I'm never without my Gerbings jacket liner. Either I'm wearing it or it's packed in the bike. And I wear it even thought it's not RED.
    Ultimate compliment ; )

Last edited by Voni; 10-10-2003 at 03:09 AM.
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million BMW sMiles