• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Photo Assignment: Weekend 12/15/07

Efi.jpg

Technical Details

Saw this on Amazon. Has anyone used this card? Look interesting and gosh darn - works with SMUGMUG

Welcome back, Paul.

I have never seen this before... Sounds almost too good to be true.

-Alex

Just checking in.

I'm not posting a new assignment this week as I don't want to distract from the potential of this one which runs until January 1st. I've seen some really creative efforts to satisfy a pretty specific assignment.

Those of you working on improving an image, do let us see what you're up to. Those of you that haven't tried yet (present company included), let's see what you've got!

Thanks everyone. As you were. :laugh

234496754-L.jpg

This is my best effort so far. My motorcycle is in the penthouse window, 3rd from the left. Unfortunately, you can't see it due to the reflection. Guess I'll have to re-shoot it.

234496754-L.jpg

This is my best effort so far. My motorcycle is in the penthouse window, 3rd from the left. Unfortunately, you can't see it due to the reflection. Guess I'll have to re-shoot it.

Hmmmm..

You know, the last time I stayed at a Hyatt and wanted to park my bike in the room with me they wanted an extra 10 grand. Humph!
As I said, that was the last time I stayed in one.

RM

(See, I can be dead serious too.)

235256889-S.jpg

235256884-S.jpg

Tried moving the logs, used Santa's gift-I know it's not present opening day, but I bought it so I knew what it was. Itried the water droplets on the visor but they didn't make that much difference.

So here they are, stage 2.

What's next?

I like number one, but the fire is too bright. Can you shoot it on manual? Lower the fire? I keep wanting you to try the flash, but I think available light is the way to go here. Maybe a longer exposure with a smaller aperture? I'm just shooting in the dark here. . . .

I like number one, but the fire is too bright. Can you shoot it on manual? Lower the fire? I keep wanting you to try the flash, but I think available light is the way to go here. Maybe a longer exposure with a smaller aperture? I'm just shooting in the dark here. . . .

I tried flash and the light was really harsh. It took any warmth from the fire and really looked unpleasant.

It's only step 2 and there's plenty of dates left.
I'd hoped the water would work, but it wasn't noticable at all.

Tried moving the logs, used Santa's gift-I know it's not present opening day, but I bought it so I knew what it was. Itried the water droplets on the visor but they didn't make that much difference.

So here they are, stage 2.

What's next?

If you want the look of water, especially on as smooth a surface as a plastic visor, mix some glycerin in with water and then spray/drop it on - it will hold in place better. With the low level of light you're working with though, I'm not sure it will have any effect...

I still like the original set better for some reason :)

235336204-L.jpg

Last for today. Happier with the fire.

The exposure is better here. This is a nice shot.

If you want to keep playing with it, why not try a more telephoto shot? It would (or could) enlarge or foreground the helmet and push the fire into less focus. Might bring out the detail of water, if you are even still pursuing that course. Might bring out the rondel a bit, too. A production designer might say arrange the gloves in a less haphazard manner.

I hear what you're saying about the flash. Are you using the on-board flash or an auxiliary? An auxiliary flash sometimes gives the option of shooting at 1/2, 1/4 power, etc. I still think natural light is your best bet. Perhaps focusing the torch on the rondel? I'll bet the lovely Mrs. Lamble would assist.

I think I said before, if this is the best you get, it's a very good and very creative shot.

235373850-X3.jpg

At this years Badger Motorcyclist of Wisconsin Christmas Party, Ken McHugh and myself received the Million Mile award. Mac and I are both 25 plus year "Lifetime Badger members
".

227692912-X1-2.jpg

I have know and watched Mac's odometer for 30 years. When I received my Million Mile award at the 2000 National Rally, Mac mentioned to me that he would never get a Million Mile award as he was already 60 years old and had 200,000+ miles to go.

I told Mac that if on 50,000 per year he would be there in 5 years. He mentioned that statement at the Badger Christmas party, that he took my statement seriously and his average was 41,000 per year since that day.

Congratulations Mac.

Sweet!

And knowing you I'll bet you were as proud of Mac's accomplishments as your own!

Voni
sMiling

Congrats, Jim. Nice to see some BeerTeam photos, too. Nice shot in front of the house, though the transvestite Santa makes me a bit uncomfortable. :rofl

Motorcycles and Christmas

The photo is a bit out of focus but my best effort with local opportunity.
Calmil

Last edited:
Back