Photo Assignment: Weekend 12/15/07
This week's photo assignment comes to your from our friend Bradford Benn and the fine folks at the BMW MOA Foundation.
The holidays are upon us and as usual, they are full of surprises. In an attempt to retain some semblance of sanity, we humbly offer these simple rules - with some twists:
* Photos must be shot this year: between December 14th and January 1st, 2008.
* Think about if you would like to receive a Holiday Card with this image as the cover, don't be surprised if someone from the BMW MOA Foundation asks if the images can be used for a Fundraising Card. Yup, Brad is looking ahead to the card for 2008. If you haven't ordered cards yet for 2007, check these out.
* You must provide the EXIF information if asked (we'll help you, if you'd like to know how to get it).
* No photoshop alteration (we're looking to improve your skills with your camera, not software).
* Your photograph must adhere to the theme, which will be described below.
* Post only one photo per post, so that commentary can be easily provided for that photo. You may post more than one photo, but try to keep it to a handful.
* Title your photo so it can be referred to later.
* Post your photos in this thread only. Do not start a thread in reply to this assignment. Please post your photos no later than next Wednesday.
* And, the most important rule: have fun! We're looking to spread the joy that many of us derive from taking pictures, particularly ones that tell a story of some kind.
This week's theme: "Holiday Warmth and Motorcycling"
This week you are invited to take a picture of that sums up the Holiday Season and motorcycling. Could this be a motorcycle parked in front of snow? Santa on a motorcycle? Eight motorcycles pulling a sleigh? A motorcycle menoraha? What does the Holiday Season and Motorcycles mean to you? Show us in a picture.
Once again, we encourage you to think about composition and see your viewfinder as a finished print. What will you include within--and exclude from--it's borders and why?
Now get out there and show us Holiday Warmth and Motorcycling.