• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Pet Pictures

B2BWYLD said:
...RT Randy.....KC is a Police Dog.....undercover...and works with the ABC.....he will never develope a complex.... :)

Just look at the signs. KC is drinking margerittas at 10am at your dining room table.

Attachments

• Undercover ABC.jpg
    Undercover ABC.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 709
I love dogs.

Never really wanted to have one. I fall in love with them and then they eventually die. So I tell myself that they all belong to SWMBO. Also, that approach gives me an excuse for why each and every one of them laughs at any type of attempt to train them. We are trained. Here's Lizzy Chew. A Chow. Oh, yeah.....with Irene.

Attachments

• il.JPG
    il.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 690
Here's my pups: Anna in rear, Cosby in front with his pal, the "phant". When I ask Cosby, "what does the phant say?" He bites him and he makes a hideous electronic elephant squeel!

Attachments

• LilC&A2.jpg
    LilC&A2.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 687
I'm colorblind. 8^)

BradfordBenn said:
Does Lizzy have a blue tongue?

Basically, blue-black.

Really nice dog. Won't do anything I ask her to, though. Pretty much takes after her (and my) real boss. Smart dog.

Attachments

• IandL.jpg
    IandL.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 673
My cat if I'm not home on time.....

Attachments

• pissed off cat.bmp
    50.3 KB · Views: 741
Elvis. a.k.a., Tiny E

From this...
51716397-M.jpg

To this...(only 14 weeks in this shot.)
56542329-L.jpg

Now he's already 40+ lbs. at 18 weeks. His dad is 90lbs. so I can't wait to see how this works out!

Dog -n- Daughter

Not necessarily in order of importance!

Attachments

• IMG_2436.jpg
    IMG_2436.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 717
German Shepherd Schutzhund

Went to the annual "Bark in the Park" ("A festival for dogs and the people they own") here in Charlotte NC and saw a guy with a black German Shepherd that stopped me dead in my tracks. It wasn't big for a Shepherd or otherwise showed exceptional breeding but there was just "something" about this dog. I had to ask, it turns out to be a German Shepherd "Schutzhund" - guard dogs to movie stars and kings! He didn't say what he paid for it but did say the dogs grandfather sold for $100,000!
Google "Schutzhund" to get the fascinating story of how they breed, select and train these incredible dogs.Talk about having "The Right Stuff"!

jerryb

Last edited:
Bigfoot Bob. American Shorthair Tabby--from the pound. He's got lynx point ears and dual "thumbs" on both front feet, hence the name. We figure Bob is about 15 years old now. When I saw him at the pound, he REALLY wanted out. I thought he was black, but after a bath he came out grey, white, brown.

Bob "helps" with my writing. Here he is helping proofread an article you might recognize.

pmdave

Attachments

• Bigfoot Bob and the Fuss 02.JPG
    Bigfoot Bob and the Fuss 02.JPG
    153.2 KB · Views: 652
This isn't my dog, but I'm sure you'll appreciate:
1. dogs love sidecars
2. neat doggles eye protection
3. leather "jacket"

pmdave

Attachments

• doggles 01.JPG
    doggles 01.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 649
Rare Cat!

pmdave said:
Bigfoot Bob. American Shorthair Tabby--from the pound. He's got lynx point ears and dual "thumbs" on both front feet, hence the name. We figure Bob is about 15 years old now. When I saw him at the pound, he REALLY wanted out. I thought he was black, but after a bath he came out grey, white, brown.

Bob "helps" with my writing. Here he is helping proofread an article you might recognize.

pmdave

Don't know if you know it or not but a male cat of three colors is rare. And what is it about cats wanting to sprawl on what you're reading, jealousy? And by the way that cat looks in excellent shape for 15, you must have taken care to feed it right.

jerryb

pmdave said:
I thought he was black, but after a bath he came out grey, white, brown.
As the owner of a 10 year old black-on-black tabby tomcat who is still fully-armed with claws on all paws, I was just wondering. How in blazes did you give Bob a bath - anesthetics? :eek

Rusty

Why no Schipperke's?

I haven't seen a Schipperke ("Little Captain" in Flemish) in the pet Forum and in years of going to our annual "Bark in the Park" I have only seen one. Yet how many breeds of dogs could rate a headline story on the cover of the Readers Digest titled: "A Dog Like No Other".
Schipperke's aren't popular because they have no use for anybody but their family. They are constantly on guard, watching out for you. Their loyalty and chutzpah is amazing. I've been told they are the only breed that if they show friendliness to a dog show judge (wag tail, lick, etc.) they will lose points as untypical of the breed. If you want a dog that gives unparalled loyalty to the point where you know it would give it's life for you then the Schipperke is the dog for you.

"It isn't the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog".

jerryb

Actually, Bigfoot Bob has more than three colors. He has a nice cream color on his stomach.

Regardless of the rare color, Bob is very special in several different ways. In addition to the polydactyl front feet and pointed ears, he "hums" to communicate. Only after he stayed at the cat B&B did he pick up some new "meows". When he was younger, we'd discover him at the top of any extension ladders, and when discovered, he would run full tilt DOWN the ladder--so we never could get a picture. He did pull a tendon in his left front a couple of years ago, which has made him more cautious about jumping.

When I adopted him from the pound, he was around 6 years old, was fat like a bowling ball, and weighed about 14 pounds. He gradually slimmed down to 12, and in his old age is now down to around 10 lbs.

He's VERY particular about his food. At first, he would only eat dry crunchies. Then we got him to like canned tuna, and he eventually gravitated to those super-smelly pouch meals.

A day or two before his "bath", I trim his front claws to remove the really sharp points. He struggles, but I just believe that we're going to do this, and he goes along.

I've discovered that the way to give him a "bath" is to carry him into the shower stall, then undress and throw my robe over the top. I just turn on the warm water, let him get wet gradually, then soap him up with cat shampoo until he feels cleaner. He doesn't scratch because he can't see any way to leap over the top to escape and he realizes the door is closed. It's more like going out in the rain--which he doesn't seem to mind.

When we first got him, I had plans to teach Bob to ride on a motorcycle, perhaps in the sidecar. He did fine as long as the engine was off, but he wasn't going to have anything to do with an operating engine.

pmdave

Beemerson

Here's why I used BeemoKat as a screen name instead of BeemoDawg. Some misguided fool chucked him out of a pickup truck in front of a friend's house. Now, he lives with me.

Attachments

• beemerson.jpg
    beemerson.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 592
Last edited:
the old "Boy"

I have two "Boys", the old boy Toby.

Attachments

• Toby 3-12-05.jpg
    Toby 3-12-05.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 563
the other "Boy"