• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Pet Pictures

This is my spoiled rotten Sheltie, Y2K. She is our millenium puppy; born January, 2000.

Attachments

• 2K Pillow talk modified.bmp.jpg
    2K Pillow talk modified.bmp.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 486
236018559-L.jpg

This is Cleo, short for Cleopatra, the queen of our home. She was a Valentine's gift for my wife a couple of years ago. They are now united in conspiracy against me.

245974251-L.jpg

This is Rizo, the ADHD kitty. She was rescued from a sea train in the parking lot of a Stop n' Rob. She dominates poor Cleo, although one-third her size.

They both bring us a great deal of happiness. Neither knows that a baby is on the way, though. . . .

Here's a favorite pose of our nosey cat named "Pokey." She's now 20 year's old, but this shot is about eight years old.

246131916-M.jpg

(Tom--beautiful exposures on your cats. Nice pics!)

Dieter der Motomutt anticipates a new riding season on my wife's F650CS.

Craig
www.motomutt.net

Attachments

• Ginny_und_Dieter.jpg
    Ginny_und_Dieter.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 457
This is the spoiled Cocker Spaniel that's looking forward?? to riding on Dad's GSA.

Attachments

• DSC00670.jpg
    DSC00670.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 399
Don't laugh. You know how hard it is to find Dragon Chow?

207181651_SeXpE-L.jpg

Cat and Dog

The cat thinks it's a dog and the dog thinks its human. The cat doesn't care, about anything. The cat is called Merlin. It is by sheer magic it is alive. It showed up on our door step one day. It was only a few days old. My daughters caught me at a weak moment. I HATE cats. Sorry to cat lovers, but I have my reasons. The dog is from a friend who got her mom from the shelter. The dog, Pandora, is border and black lab. The shelter assured my friend the dog was not pregers. But she kept getting fatter until one day Ta Da!

Attachments

• Animal Pics 001.jpg
    Animal Pics 001.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 385
Two freocious cockers?? Not really. The blondie is Sharon Ann, about 12 yr and blind. The black and white one is Freckles Ann at about 2 yr. Freckles still survives and thrives and may soon get to ride around behind me on my 07 GSA.
Cheers
Dave, Dot & Freckles

Attachments

• Two ferocious Cockers!-1.jpg
    Two ferocious Cockers!-1.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 383
Dogs like Guinness are always an insperation. Our blind blond Cocker, Sharon Ann loved to ride around in or on just about anything that moved even after she went blind. Some dogs quit if they go blind, but she never did. She loved life till the very end!
Cheers
Dave, Dot & Freckles

Attachments

• Sherrie going for a ride-1.jpg
    Sherrie going for a ride-1.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 369
Here's Dieter der Motomutt just after I told him it's too icy to ride today.

Craig
looking forward to a 50-degree Saturday

Attachments

• baleful_Dieter_web.jpg
    baleful_Dieter_web.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 353
They both bring us a great deal of happiness....Tom Moran

A note for all you other cat enthusiasts out there (welcome to the group, Dave and Tina!). At the used book store a few weeks ago, I stumbled on the best cat book I have found: "Catwatching" by Desmond Morris. Morris, an ethologist, is the curator of Mammals at the London Zoo, and the famed author of "The Naked Ape".

The book contains about 50 monographs on various aspects of cat behaviour.

Morris is a lifelong cat enthusiast, and in the introduction he summarizes some of the characteristics of these delightful animals:

"Every single cat carries with it an ancient inheritance of amazing sensory capacities, wonderful vocal utterances and body language, skilful hunting actions, elaborate territorial and status displays...and devoted parental care."

Rinty

Last edited:
Here's Bonnie....also affectionately known as Bonnie Beezer, The Bon, etc. She's a 18 month old Cairn Terrier. Spends the day at the office with my wife. Needless to say, everyone there absolutely adores her. When they are having a particularly difficult day, folks have been known to say "I need my Bonnie hugs!" and with a little loving from Bonnie, the stress magically evaporates. She is a sweet pup.

We've had two cats and another dog before Bonnie over the past 20 years. Love every one of them! Breaks your heart when they are gone.

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska

Attachments

• IMG_4766 Bonnie on Rock 6x8.jpg
    IMG_4766 Bonnie on Rock 6x8.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 445
Gary, Great image of a cute dog.

My mother-in-law has a very nice little Cairns Terrier named Mr. Murphy. He can be quite a little rascal but is always very sweet!
Cheers
Dave, Dot & Freckles Doggie

Attachments

• Mr. Murphy-1.jpg
    Mr. Murphy-1.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 439
My mother-in-law has a very nice little Cairns Terrier named Mr. Murphy. He can be quite a little rascal but is always very sweet!
Cheers

Thanks Dave. Bonnie can certainly be a rascal too....characteristic of the terrier breeds (and others, of course!). Something about those terriers that we have always enjoyed....small in size, but big in heart. I believe Bonnie could out walk me any day of the week, despite her small size (15 lbs). Like many dogs...Bonnie is also too smart for her own good, but fortunately the training is going well. :laugh

Our first dog and terrier was Gavin....a Westie. Such a sweet guy. He died at a very young age (8 years) of an enlarged heart. Here's a pic of the little guy....he really loved to go hiking with us on the many trails in this area. My wife has a little "Gavin Shrine" on a bookcase at her office with many photos and mementos of his short life. I've got wonderful video footage of him doing agility runs in the back yard...a wonderful sport for dogs. Over the jumps, thru the tunnels and weave poles...all just for the fun of it.

Bonnie is learning fast too....but I think her real love is going to be fly ball.

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska

Attachments

• IMG_2202 Gary & Gavin SFork ER 09-03.jpg
    IMG_2202 Gary & Gavin SFork ER 09-03.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 435
Your first terrier looked as though he was looking for something to get into. Typical of dogs with strong personalities. Our first cocker was that way. She was a total sweety but always looking for trouble.

Gary, My wife just reminded me she has relatives (cousin) who used to live in Eagle River AK. My wife was born in Kodiak and has family in Homer / Halibut Cove. In 1985 we flew our Mooney M20C up north to Homer and visited with her aunt, uncle (Clem& Diana Tillion) and cousins. We also got up to Denali, Fairbanks, Fort Yukon, etc. and had a great time. In 2005 we headed our 40 foot trawler yacht norht from Everett WA. ending up in Juneau, returning to Everett via Sitka. We loved that life style and the trip (a 96 day adventure) but believe there is so much more to see in this great nation and the world. Boat is now up for sale. We were not surprized to note that at least 50% of the folks out there cruising have dogs or cats aboard.

Attached image shows just how much fun a person can have walking the dog while hanging on a hook in some beautiful pristine cove. The orange seaweed is slick as anything I've ever seen!

Cheers and stay warm up there.

Attachments

• Walkin the dog!-1.jpg
    Walkin the dog!-1.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 436
My wife was born in Kodiak and has family in Homer / Halibut Cove. In 1985 we flew our Mooney M20C up north to Homer and visited with her aunt, uncle (Clem& Diana Tillion) and cousins.

It is a small world. :) This must be the same Clem Tillion who is often known as the "Alaska Fish Czar" from Halibut Cove. A fisherman and member of the Alaska legislature, if I remember correctly. I think he had a immense impact on international and North Pacific fisheries management. This is the same fellow?

We also got up to Denali, Fairbanks, Fort Yukon, etc. and had a great time. In 2005 we headed our 40 foot trawler yacht norht from Everett WA. ending up in Juneau, returning to Everett via Sitka. We loved that life style and the trip (a 96 day adventure) but believe there is so much more to see in this great nation and the world.

Great way to see the Inside Passage and the coastal regions up close and personal....but yes, slow going. I'm afraid boating would not be for me....though I would love the scenery. My wife is from Port Orchard, WA and we have many friends down in that area (several with 35-40 foot boats). We keep two motorcycles there for riding vacations.

Attached image shows just how much fun a person can have walking the dog while hanging on a hook in some beautiful pristine cove. The orange seaweed is slick as anything I've ever seen!

Love the photo....it's so beautiful out there. Reminds me that I need to get out of the Anchorage metro area more often to see "the real Alaska". You've probably heard the old saying.....the best thing about Anchorage is that you're only 15 minutes from Alaska! So true.....although with traffic congestion these days, the travel time is more like 30 minutes to an hour now.

That photo of Gavin and I was on a hike very near my house in Eagle River (itself just 15 miles north of Anchorage). 15 minute drive to the trailhead, another 45 minutes of hiking and you're out in the Alaskan wilderness....or that's how it feels anyways. Here's a pic from that same location looking up the valley of the South Fork of Eagle River. This was one of Gavin's favorite hikes.....I know his spirit is still there, whenever we return.

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska

Attachments

• IMG_2219 South Fork Eagle River Fall-1.jpg
    IMG_2219 South Fork Eagle River Fall-1.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 431
Rides with Dogs, soon!

Gary, yes, one in the same Clem Tillion. Quite a character! If you ever get a chance you might want to take a trip over to Halibut Cove. I think Diana Tillion still has her art gallery and I believe one of Dot's cousins still runs a small resturant.

We are hoping to be able to do a respectable amount of motorcycle riding with our machines and explore all of the lower 48. We will most likely trailer them to a good location and then take day trips to explore local items of interest. Don't think we can see it all but we can try.

The attached image is of Freckles sitting in her motorcycle doggie box that attaches to the rear on my R1200GSA. Have to remove the rear seat but the panniers can still be opened and hopefully the dog will enjoy a nice smooth ride. Maiden flight for box on cycle + dog is in a month or so, here at Salton Sea, due to some other obligations. It will be documented well and may even show up on this thread. Imagine that!?

Cheers

Attachments

• Box with a Dog-1.jpg
    Box with a Dog-1.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 429
Back