Attached Images Attached Images

Here's Coby, the newest member of our family (9 weeks old yesterday):
    2007 K1200GT
    1971 Honda CB750K1

Elvis. a.k.a., Tiny E

From this...

To this...(only 14 weeks in this shot.)

Now he's already 40+ lbs. at 18 weeks. His dad is 90lbs. so I can't wait to see how this works out!
    "Should I bring my shoes...so I have them?
    -Saul Rosenberg

DEANCOX

Dog -n- Daughter

Not necessarily in order of importance!

jerryb

German Shepherd Schutzhund

Went to the annual "Bark in the Park" ("A festival for dogs and the people they own") here in Charlotte NC and saw a guy with a black German Shepherd that stopped me dead in my tracks. It wasn't big for a Shepherd or otherwise showed exceptional breeding but there was just "something" about this dog. I had to ask, it turns out to be a German Shepherd "Schutzhund" - guard dogs to movie stars and kings! He didn't say what he paid for it but did say the dogs grandfather sold for $100,000!
    Google "Schutzhund" to get the fascinating story of how they breed, select and train these incredible dogs.Talk about having "The Right Stuff"!

jerryb
    Last edited by jerryb; 04-23-2006 at 06:28 PM.

Bigfoot Bob. American Shorthair Tabby--from the pound. He's got lynx point ears and dual "thumbs" on both front feet, hence the name. We figure Bob is about 15 years old now. When I saw him at the pound, he REALLY wanted out. I thought he was black, but after a bath he came out grey, white, brown.

Bob "helps" with my writing. Here he is helping proofread an article you might recognize.

pmdave

This isn't my dog, but I'm sure you'll appreciate:
    1. dogs love sidecars
    2. neat doggles eye protection
    3. leather "jacket"

pmdave

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pmdave

Bob "helps" with my writing. Here he is helping proofread an article you might recognize.

pmdave
    That explains a lot
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

jerryb

Rare Cat!

Bigfoot Bob. American Shorthair Tabby--from the pound. He's got lynx point ears and dual "thumbs" on both front feet, hence the name. We figure Bob is about 15 years old now. When I saw him at the pound, he REALLY wanted out. I thought he was black, but after a bath he came out grey, white, brown.

pmdave
    Don't know if you know it or not but a male cat of three colors is rare. And what is it about cats wanting to sprawl on what you're reading, jealousy? And by the way that cat looks in excellent shape for 15, you must have taken care to feed it right.

jerryb

I thought he was black, but after a bath he came out grey, white, brown.
    As the owner of a 10 year old black-on-black tabby tomcat who is still fully-armed with claws on all paws, I was just wondering. How in blazes did you give Bob a bath - anesthetics?

Rusty
    2007 K1200GT
    1971 Honda CB750K1

jerryb

Why no Schipperke's?

I haven't seen a Schipperke ("Little Captain" in Flemish) in the pet Forum and in years of going to our annual "Bark in the Park" I have only seen one. Yet how many breeds of dogs could rate a headline story on the cover of the Readers Digest titled: "A Dog Like No Other".
    Schipperke's aren't popular because they have no use for anybody but their family. They are constantly on guard, watching out for you. Their loyalty and chutzpah is amazing. I've been told they are the only breed that if they show friendliness to a dog show judge (wag tail, lick, etc.) they will lose points as untypical of the breed. If you want a dog that gives unparalled loyalty to the point where you know it would give it's life for you then the Schipperke is the dog for you.

"It isn't the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog".

jerryb

Actually, Bigfoot Bob has more than three colors. He has a nice cream color on his stomach.

Regardless of the rare color, Bob is very special in several different ways. In addition to the polydactyl front feet and pointed ears, he "hums" to communicate. Only after he stayed at the cat B&B did he pick up some new "meows". When he was younger, we'd discover him at the top of any extension ladders, and when discovered, he would run full tilt DOWN the ladder--so we never could get a picture. He did pull a tendon in his left front a couple of years ago, which has made him more cautious about jumping.

When I adopted him from the pound, he was around 6 years old, was fat like a bowling ball, and weighed about 14 pounds. He gradually slimmed down to 12, and in his old age is now down to around 10 lbs.

He's VERY particular about his food. At first, he would only eat dry crunchies. Then we got him to like canned tuna, and he eventually gravitated to those super-smelly pouch meals.

A day or two before his "bath", I trim his front claws to remove the really sharp points. He struggles, but I just believe that we're going to do this, and he goes along.

I've discovered that the way to give him a "bath" is to carry him into the shower stall, then undress and throw my robe over the top. I just turn on the warm water, let him get wet gradually, then soap him up with cat shampoo until he feels cleaner. He doesn't scratch because he can't see any way to leap over the top to escape and he realizes the door is closed. It's more like going out in the rain--which he doesn't seem to mind.

When we first got him, I had plans to teach Bob to ride on a motorcycle, perhaps in the sidecar. He did fine as long as the engine was off, but he wasn't going to have anything to do with an operating engine.

pmdave

Bikes, Guitars, and ... beemokat's Avatar

Beemerson

Here's why I used BeemoKat as a screen name instead of BeemoDawg. Some misguided fool chucked him out of a pickup truck in front of a friend's house. Now, he lives with me.
    Last edited by BeemoKat; 04-26-2006 at 06:20 PM. Reason: photo too large
    Wherever you go, there you are.

Kbrick

the old "Boy"

I have two "Boys", the old boy Toby.

Kbrick

the other "Boy"

Quote Originally Posted by Kbrick
    I have two "Boys", the old boy Toby.
    And the other "Boy", Joey Dunlop the Border Collie