• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

This thread is going to be fresh and imaginative, please look.

testinglogin

Hogaan!
We've proven we can be stale and unimaginative. I'm NOT trying to kill off Roy's rather excellent thread. Instead, I intend this as a parter to the other; the yin to it's yang... or is that yang to it's yin? So, are we also fresh and imaginative; or is this thread doomed to a quick death at the hands of the ordinary? Are we able to post a lot of something other than nothing? :dunno

“Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary.”

-Cecil Beaton

I got nothing.......which speaks volumes.:dunno

:lol

I'm just trying a "jo momma"-style thread creation. We'll see how it goes. Brings me back to those happy days of threads about polls, polls about threads, polls about polls, and threads about threads. :D

I don't expect the thousands of views stale and imaginative created, but we'll see what happens...

:lol

I'm just trying a "jo momma"-style thread creation. We'll see how it goes. Brings me back to those happy days of threads about polls, polls about threads, polls about polls, and threads about threads. :D

I don't expect the thousands of views stale and imaginative created, but we'll see what happens...

I don't get those threads.. and my noob status prevents me from posting in them without being torn apart.

I don't get those threads.. and my noob status prevents me from posting in them without being torn apart.

Hasn't stopped me yet. Yes, you have to take it but don't show fear!
They smell that.
Dish it out man!

I don't post TOO much over there, but I have (maybe 50-60 times) and haven't gotten any attitude. I'm careful with what I post sometimes. I'm thinking a number of them hang out over here and are MOA members; so maybe they recognize my name, too. Now that I've said something, I'm sure a hazing is imminent. :uhoh

So, are we also fresh and imaginative; or is this thread doomed to a quick death at the hands of the ordinary? Are we able to post a lot of something other than nothing?

No; yes; no. In that order.

speaking of imaginative...

anyone think its kinda fun to believe in Santa Claus? I do. If I could have any job in the world, I think it'd be to be the big cheese himself. You get to live in a cold climate, and you get to give all the time. Just bring a smile to the faces of millions!:thumb

My son is 12 and he asked me to put the stockings out for St Nick. We were putting them on the mantle, and I asked him "Do you believe in St Nick?" He smiled at me and said "No". I put the last one up and asked him why he wanted me to put the stockings up then. A odd look passed over his face, and then he just smiled. I said "Sometimes, just doing the "Christmas" type things puts you in a Christmas mood, and that's a good thing".

Wise words

"Sometimes, just doing the "Christmas" type things puts you in a Christmas mood, and that's a good thing".[/QUOTE]

nuff said!!

:wave

200251530-L.jpg

Back