• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Transportation

More fun than I deserve!
I can not seem to find information as to whether or not there will be shuttle bus service to and from the main campground and how often it will run if it does exist. Prefer not to be riding bike in town area and parking downtown.:idea

Downtown parking and riding

Jim Slater asks:
Prefer not to be riding bike in town area and parking
downtown.

Hello Jim,

Riding in downtown Charleston is not like riding in downtown Detroit.:eek

For one thing downtown Charleston is fairly small and predominently business and government buildings, not a residential area, so there is not much daytime traffic. Many streets are one way and three lanes wide. Parking is mostly off street in lots and parking garages so there is plenty of road room. You will have two choices for parking at the Civic Center. One is in the CC parking garages, BUT by law there is a $3/vehicle charge to park there. The second choice will be FREE parking in the Charleston Mall parking structure, directly across the street from the Civic Center. The Mall lot is 6 levels and they have given us exclusive use of the 6th level. They will provide their security staff to watch our bikes. You will not be able to get onto of off the 6th level without showing a Rally wrist band. You will exit the parking down to the Mall food court (you didn't think they were doing this entirely out of the goodness of their hearts, did you ;) ) and then through the air conditioned Mall to the Civic Center half a block away.

Hope that clears it up a bit.

not fast enough

Jim,
sorry ,I'm not fast enough on the reply for these guys. They know lots of stuff and best of all they are quick on the responce. If you need to know something about the rally , this is the place to ask it.
ride safe and often
Mark::dunno

Re: not fast enough

zzkvsl said:
Jim,
sorry ,I'm not fast enough on the reply for these guys. They know lots of stuff and best of all they are quick on the responce. If you need to know something about the rally , this is the place to ask it.
ride safe and often
Mark::dunno

Don't forget that the forum has a pretty powerful search tool as one of the buttons on the upper right. Click the search button and enter the text you're looking for. You'll find all kinds of things that way.

:)

Back