• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Maiden Voyage '04

Piece of Cake

C'mon boxergrrlie - get on out there and fire that Baad Beemer up. Boxer twins LOVE the cold. Nineteen is plenty warm enough, just ask the Kook. Heck, he strips down to his vest when the temp is that high.
What are ya, a girl? Oh yeah...sorry...
It got cold as bejabbers here as well. It was 40 something Sat morning so I rode in without my liner. By the time I headed home the temp and dropped A BUNCH and the wind was blowing like crazy. Man, did I miss my liner. I went wah-wah-wah alll the way home. Sunday was really chili, but better days are ahead!!

Re: Piece of Cake

Cliffy777 said:
What are ya, a girl? Oh yeah...sorry...
:rofl :stick :rofl

Just think - soon we'll be complaining about how *blippin'* hot out it is!

Already had a couple of 'Hot' days down here in Florida. Time to move north - - - maybe Alaska this summer :brow

Lew, on the move . . .

You lucky Lew, you

Sounds like Lew is livin' out my idea of a fantasy post-work life. Slidin' around these United States where and when he pleases. Mmmm-mmm good.

Yeah, that's what you work all them years for . . . hopefully

Gonna ride the Tail of the Dragon next week - - weather permitting (meaning no snow or ice on the road).

Lew

tennessee snow

hey Lewlei, the tail of the dragon is should I say slick right now according to local weather folks. Maybe in a week or so all will be well for some hi speed twisties. A storm passed through here this weekend and left some of that white stuff and temps went to the mid 20s with 30 mph winds on Sunday. It will warm up mid week back to the 60s late afternoons if the weather folks got it right. Temps in Cherohala and the 321 are always 10 to 15 lower in the mountains and those shady spots. Just check the road closings before you head out. IHCB

Ironhorse - - thanks for the info. I grew up driving the canyons west of Denver and know just what you mean - - especially the shady spots. Do they sand these roads like out west when it snows? That stuff hangs around on the corners long after the snow is gone (as does the ice in the shade). I'm hoping that by next week the warm weather will have made it rideable.

Lew

Back