• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

new guy, 1st post

nytrashman

hello everyone, this is my first post to this site so let me introduce myself. my name is George and i am from Westchester Co. NY. i am an AMA member (#959916) and have just joined the BMWMOA. i ride an '07 F650GS that i purchased in Dec. of this year. i have been riding for well over 25 years but this is my first BMW. i mostly road dirt bikes but over the years I have owned a few street bikes. in the short time i have owned my bike (11 months) i have only managed to put approx 12,000 miles on it, but they sure have been enjoyable miles. i have added a few things to give my bike a bit of a personal touch such as a set of Jessie boxes, a ermax windscreen (which i had to modify for my height) RKA tank bag and an Alaska leathers sheepskin butt pad. i ride all year long, except for when it's snowing, and i am interested in doing some long distance touring on my little 650. although i am hoping to become a valuable asset to this community i will also try to soak up as much knowledge as i can from some of the more experienced BMW owners here. i hope to see some of you guys & gals on road this year.

ride safe,
George

This is a good place for a guy like you - one who loves to ride. Welcome.

thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. if i can figure out how to post a pic i will but so far i am not having much luck. i guess i will have lots of time to practice this weekend as Max BMW picked up my bike this morning to do some long over due work. i normally like to do all or most of my own work but with the temps in the mid to upper 20's and no heat in my garage i'll let the take care of it.

A little help is all we need

See you PM (Private Message) for info...

227224386-M.jpg

Welcome aboard George! I'm new myself. Good looking bike you got there. I don't recall ever seeing one in black, looks cool.

before it's too late

Run away man.................

save yourself!

Before you know it, you'll be all consumed by the forum.

jason

Welcome aboard from Upstate.

That bike as outfitted will take you anyplace in the world. It's a beauty!

:wave And Welcome from Western NY!...Be sure to hit the Finger Lakes BMW club rally held every labor day weekend at Watkins Glen. I'll show you some great roads around here if you'll lead me around Westchester when I visit my sister in Croton-on-Hudson.:thumb

Grant,
sent ya a PM. Croton is 5 min south of me so let me know when your in the area. I'll gladly show you some of my favorite rides.

George

Welcome Brother

From north of the border ( Newmarket Ontario ). I haven,t been a member long myself. Not quite a year yet.

Unlike yourself, I have only been riding a motorcycle since April 25 /07 of this year.

That is when I took delivery of my new 2007 F 800 ST.

I really had nothing to compare it to but I wouldn't well it for all the tea in China.

It is a fabulous bike. I put 11,000 km ( not miles ) from April 25/07 to Sept. 1 /07

If you ever decide to cross that border into Toronto, let me know.

Robert

A welcome from us too George (we are newbys also)

We used to live in the NYC area (Queens then Nassau County) before leaving back in the early '90s.

Nice looking bike. I actually prefer smaller and lighter bikes. We test rode a new F800ST (our trips are two-up and we need the extra oomph) but sticker shock had us buy the K-RS.

May all your roads be twisty.

Welcome George! Hooray for another 650GS rider. I'm sure you'll love it!

Tracy

Back