• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Would it be in bad taste to ride GW to rally?

bobs98

Hey Chromehead !
Bring it on!

At a recent Chromeheads gathering in New York, one of our members rode his Gold Wing with a sign on the windshield:

R1800LT.

Go for it!

I look at rallies as kind of a motorcycle version of wine tasting.

Wouldn't it be boring if the winery only served Zinfandels? The variety and "bike candy" is part of what makes rallies fun.

I've kind of turned over a new leaf with the Harley bashing....and trying to refrain.
But they all pretty much look the same and the riding gear looks the same. Group rides look like one continuous line of black leather.

Our rally rides tend to have more variety and are a little more colorful. I'm waiting for someone to custom order some 'Stitch from Duluth with a different color on each panel.
partridgeponyrific.jpg

Am considering attending rally but recently bought an 07 GW ABS for two up traveling.

I have attended State and local rallies in New Mexico and the Houston Club's Hill Country rally several times and found that there were always people on other makes having a good time. I haven't attended a national rally and am curious if other makes are welcome.

From what I've been reading in other threads, it seems that there will be at least a few BMW riders who will NOT be going to the rally next year. Mmmmmm . . . I guess you can have one of their spots! ;)

I am in the "Houston Club" (BMW Club of Houston, Ltd. - MOA #12), and as you noted, we welcome other makes at our rally. We're there to have a good time with bikes and friends . . . we're not there to be snooty. BTW, our rally moved from the Hill Country to Smithville this year, so now it's closer to you.

Last edited:
I look at rallies as kind of a motorcycle version of wine tasting.

Wouldn't it be boring if the winery only served Zinfandels? The variety and "bike candy" is part of what makes rallies fun.

I've kind of turned over a new leaf with the Harley bashing....and trying to refrain.
But they all pretty much look the same and the riding gear looks the same. Group rides look like one continuous line of black leather.

Our rally rides tend to have more variety and are a little more colorful. I'm waiting for someone to custom order some 'Stitch from Duluth with a different color on each panel.
partridgeponyrific.jpg

:laugh :bow
I want one!

Bring the GoldWing.

I went to West Bend on my VFR, and to quote someone

People will come up and look at you like you have brought fire down from the mountain.

He was right.

Houston BMW club rally

BTW, our rally moved from the Hill Country to Smithville this year, so now it's closer to you.

I had to miss this years rally due to conflicts but I did attend last year and have attended whenever I could. This is a fun Rally and looking forward to it next year!

PS, since my bride don't camp, I will be on the RT

HI HO Silver

yep

I rode my Uly to the National in West Bend and it was entirely fine. More than fine actually. I reckon I got more questions about my bike due to it being sort of unusual. Everyone that mentioned it or asked about it did so in a manner that made me glad that I decided to ride the Uly.

isn't the GW assembled in America?? :usa

My understanding is it is the only motorcycle made in America. That one other brand is only assembled in America but as long as someone has a big patch on their back and a trailer, they're a biker.

None of the guys I'm riding with or meeting there are on GWs but a GW is a great bike!

Regards,

Randy Kasal

GW sound system

Make sure you show off that great sound system on your GW... Nothing like it...
Carl (R1800LT rider)....

'Wings are cool rides. Faster than you'd think for such a big bike, but they WILL move.. Bring it to the rally and then just offer to race any knucklehead that gives you grief about it. I plan on dragging my two cousins along to the rally, one of them is on a Honda of some sort and the other is on a Harley. It's all about hanging with cool folks and having a good time.

RW

Back