Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Accident Sunday near Rally site?

Accident Sunday near Rally site?

Any details on a accident about 30 miles out of West Bend, Sunday I believe... car and bike? Was it a rally attendee?
    MOA Ambassador, Member of AL, GA and Chattanooga Clubs, MTF Gold member and BOD.
    2011 R1200 GSA (My Radio Flyer) 75 R90/6 with Velorex sidecar
    My annual charity event: http://www.echbenefit.smugmug.com/
    " Oh Lord I pray, Let me live long enough to do everything they say I've done"

JCABRANES
    Quote Originally Posted by Norwood View Post
    Any details on a accident about 30 miles out of West Bend, Sunday I believe... car and bike? Was it a rally attendee?
    I saw the story on the news. Some woman crossed the centerline and took out a bike. They showed video of what was left of the bike and it was definitely a BMW (R-Bike). The rider was from Iowa and was DOA. My thoughts are with his family.

or were you talking about this one courtesy of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

MONDAY, July 16, 2007, 10:44 a.m.
    By Tom Kertscher

Two injured in motorcycle crash
    Allenton - Two people riding a motorcycle were injured and the motorcycle started on fire after it collided with a car shortly before 8:30 a.m. today, the Allenton Volunteer Fire Department reported.

The two people injured were treated at the scene.

The Washington County Sheriff's Department was still at the scene -- Highway 33 and County Road WW, west of West Bend -- at mid-morning and additional information wasn't immediately available.

cheesewhiz
    Scary weekend!

This past Saturday just west of Janesville, WI a young woman "Crossed the centerline" and put 6 motorcyclists in the hospital.

Any guesses on if she was on the phone or changing a CD?

Question Alert was not on my menu Sunday

My heart goes out to all involved in the accident(s). especially the biker who ended DOA, hopefully our combined thoughts will somehow make it to the family who loved this guy (gal).

I chose to take I-90 home versus my more favorite route on 33 going west all the way because I felt that my level of alertness was less than par, and I felt the freeway was the lesser of two evils in terms of dealing with automobile drivers and their mistakes.

Just me, but after the rally I was not 100% in terms of CYB. The days preceeding the rally I was so excited I slept poor, and the nights spent in the tent were somewhat restless, thats how it goes camping in a crowd of 7k plus. The combined affect was obvious to me about 30 miles into the trip home. Extra rest stops, extra coffee was the order of the day. Less fun burning down the concrete, but home safe to fight another day.

Any thoughts?

Red

Our club president was killed on the way home by a drunk driver at 8:00 in the morning.

TOWN of RUBICON ÔÇö A 40-year-old Iowa man on his way to a motorcycle rally in Washington County Sunday morning died in a head-on crash in Dodge County.

The crash occurred around 8 a.m. Sunday when a 27-year-old Hartford woman driving west on Highway 60 near Lilly Road in the town of Rubicon crossed the centerline and collided with the motorcycle, said Dodge County Chief Deputy Blaine Lauersdorf.

The impact threw the 40-year-old Iowa City, Iowa, man from his motorcycle. The medical examiner pronounced the man dead at the scene, Lauersdorf said.

The manÔÇÖs name will be released at noon today.

Both vehicles ended up on the north side of Highway 60 and the womanÔÇÖs car started on fire, Lauersdorf said. She was not injured in the crash.

The woman was arrested on a charge of homicide by intoxicated use of a motor vehicle and is being held at the Dodge County Jail, Lauersdorf said.

She is expected to make her initial court appearance today or tomorrow, he said.

dlearl476
    Quote Originally Posted by DLwood View Post
    Our club president was killed on the way home by a drunk driver at 8:00 in the morning.

That sucks. Nothing I can say that would possibly make it suck less. My heart and prayers are with those who knew and loved him. And with the poor woman whose addiction took someone else's life.

Angry Do they offer capital punishment in WA?

The impact threw the 40-year-old Iowa City, Iowa, man from his motorcycle. The medical examiner pronounced the man dead at the scene, Lauersdorf said.

The woman was arrested on a charge of homicide by intoxicated use of a motor vehicle and is being held at the Dodge County Jail, Lauersdorf said.QUOTE]

I mean really? Drunk at 8 AM on a Sunday? She should fry. I wish the rally was held in Texas!!!!!
    SGTBoring

Dear DLwood,

Please pass on my condolences to the family at this time.

There's nothing that can be said to ease their pain, however at least they will know that others are thinking of them at this time.......Rod.

Thumbs down Friday?

What about the accident Friday right in front of the rally gate about noon??
    That looked pretty serious to me! Details?
    There are two things to aim at in life; first to get what you want, and after that to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second. -Logan Pearsall Smith, essayist (1865-1946)

Live from Wisconsin!
    My sincere condolences to the loss of your friend.

Is there a way that you can see that his family is aware of our caring thoughts? Please let us know.

Ian

JCABRANES

TOWN of RUBICON ÔÇö A 40-year-old Iowa man on his way to a motorcycle rally in Washington County Sunday morning died in a head-on crash in Dodge County.

The crash occurred around 8 a.m. Sunday when a 27-year-old Hartford woman driving west on Highway 60 near Lilly Road in the town of Rubicon crossed the centerline and collided with the motorcycle, said Dodge County Chief Deputy Blaine Lauersdorf.

The manÔÇÖs name will be released at noon today.

Both vehicles ended up on the north side of Highway 60 and the womanÔÇÖs car started on fire, Lauersdorf said. She was not injured in the crash.

The woman was arrested on a charge of homicide by intoxicated use of a motor vehicle and is being held at the Dodge County Jail, Lauersdorf said.

She is expected to make her initial court appearance today or tomorrow, he said.
    I think that's the accident I saw on the news yesterday. Please pass my condolences to his family.

JCABRANES
    Quote Originally Posted by redclfco View Post
    My heart goes out to all involved in the accident(s). especially the biker who ended DOA, hopefully our combined thoughts will somehow make it to the family who loved this guy (gal).

I chose to take I-90 home versus my more favorite route on 33 going west all the way because I felt that my level of alertness was less than par, and I felt the freeway was the lesser of two evils in terms of dealing with automobile drivers and their mistakes.

Just me, but after the rally I was not 100% in terms of CYB. The days preceeding the rally I was so excited I slept poor, and the nights spent in the tent were somewhat restless, thats how it goes camping in a crowd of 7k plus. The combined affect was obvious to me about 30 miles into the trip home. Extra rest stops, extra coffee was the order of the day. Less fun burning down the concrete, but home safe to fight another day.

Any thoughts?

Red
    Same here Red. By Sunday am neither my wife nor I were in the best of shape. Got home in time to nap all day. Frankly, if I didn't live 60 miles from the rally site I would have rented a hotel room and sacked out for a few hours.

cheesewhiz

DLwood was this Dan who was killed I am blown away by this I am at a loss of words. I will be at Gina's BMW in the morning and get the details I am sure that is who your talking about as I am a member of PSTA also. Godspeed Dan you will be missed my friend Eric

DL Wood: Keep us updated on the murderer

Can you please keep us updated on what happens to the women who murdered the rider?

Please send my condolences to his family
    "During Prohibition I survived on nothing but food and water." - W.C. Fields