• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Geezer Free Zone

In perhaps one of the cruelest things ever, I left a bottle of 30+ year old Bourbon sitting at my mother's house. Drat!

Man was it smooth. I litterally broke the seal/uncorked it on Friday.

Geezer Free Zone ?
When this started it was going to be for young riders 16 - 26 years old.
First the Geezers wanted in.
Then they wanted to bring beer.
Now they want to bring burbon.
Next they will have to have someone from the AA.
:beer :drink :1drink :evil

I think the Geezer-Free Zone is a good idea.

There's a difference in life experiences, frames of reference, and pending life decisions between young people and geezers. A geezer ought to be sensitive/aware enough to realize there's a difference, but frequently doesn't.

Noel
A geezer who works with young adults.

naddy100 said:
I think the Geezer-Free Zone is a good idea.

There's a difference in life experiences, frames of reference, and pending life decisions between young people and geezers. A geezer ought to be sensitive/aware enough to realize there's a difference, but frequently doesn't.

Noel
A geezer who works with young adults.

I'm still trying to decide if:

A. Am a geezer at 40? I don't feel like one.
B. Am offended at the term Geezer?
C. Can find any way in H#!! to make it to this rally and meet some geezers, and non-geezers.
and finally:
C. What was I saying? :dunno

Jim :brow

Martinista

I second the nomination of Brad as Martininista

Geezers or non-geezers
martinins or martinis
vodka or gin
The Pucker definitley needs some improvment, I'll bring a bottle of genuine 100% from the old country german apple schnapps.

Not to cross posts but who all is registered for Track Day?

I am sorry I am little behind in catching up to the posts but I HAVE BEEN OUT RIDING AND IT WAS DAMN COLD YESTERDAY AT 4AM.

I accidently clicked the wrong button and started a new thread nominating Brad.

Re: Things to pack

BradfordBenn said:
smallmartini.jpg

How much alcohol can I legally take across state lines?:dunno

Technically taking heavily taxed alcoholic beverages across state lines is known as Bootlegging. Some if not all states have laws providing for confiscation of the beverages as well as the vehicle used to transport it.

Typically no one much cares about your having enough for evening cocktails.

I am a registered member

To Jim Shaw and KBasa,
I became a member of the MOA last october, but for some reason the computer I was using the day I made the posts wouldn't let me log in, or I forgot my password, or something like that.

Anyway, I am still planning on attending the rally this summer and I have vollunteered at the registration booth, so I'm sure I'll meet a lot of ya as you arrive at the rally. I relaly like the idea of the 20-something camping area, but I dont want to be too isolated from you older guys because you have a lot of experience and stories to tell. Maybe I'll hear some at the beer tent?

BTW, can someone not 21 hang out at the beer tent but not drink beer? I'd hate to make my gf wait outside while I had all the fun. Ha!

Tarren Shaw
Stillwater, OK
91 K75

Re: I am a registered member

Tarren Shaw said:
To Jim Shaw and KBasa,
I became a member of the MOA last october, but for some reason the computer I was using the day I made the posts wouldn't let me log in, or I forgot my password, or something like that.

Anyway, I am still planning on attending the rally this summer and I have vollunteered at the registration booth, so I'm sure I'll meet a lot of ya as you arrive at the rally. I relaly like the idea of the 20-something camping area, but I dont want to be too isolated from you older guys because you have a lot of experience and stories to tell. Maybe I'll hear some at the beer tent?

BTW, can someone not 21 hang out at the beer tent but not drink beer? I'd hate to make my gf wait outside while I had all the fun. Ha!

Tarren Shaw
Stillwater, OK
91 K75

Bring her along Tarren. I think it'll be fun.

A couple of years ago, a 17 year old that had ridden to the rally on his own /5 and then replaced the rear main seal - at the rally - by himself wandered into the Yankee Beemer campground. We were hanging around swilling beer, telling stories of rides gone wrong, tent gassing sessions and the usual stuff, combined with passing around a rather fetching tiara (Thanks iRene!).

The kid watches all this and very solemnly says, "You guys are just like my friends. Only older."

Got that right homes. And you know what? We are your friends now. :D

Looking forward to meeting you and your gf, Tarren! Tina and I did all our dating on a 1977 R75/7 back in the late 70s and early 80s.

Re: Re: I am a registered member

KBasa said:
Bring her along Tarren. I think it'll be fun...
Looking forward to meeting you and your gf, Tarren!
If Kbasa is a geezer, then I am a fossil, Tarren. You'll have fun working registration. Can't remember anyone being refused entry to the beer tent, especially young ladies. Say hello at the beer tent, and we'll enjoy a sasparilla together.

I'm hoping Nye pulls off the un-geezer beer tent getogether. I'll be lurking.

Jim
'01 R1150GS "GiSmo" :1drink

Re: I am a registered member

Tarren Shaw said:

Sorry Tarron, Washington's state law: persons under 21 years of age are not permitted in any Washington state tavern. The Beer Garden is considered a tavern. Even one violation could close us down. We don't want to stop the party early.

Here is how this is shaping up.

There will be the "New New Thing" which will be the forum gathering. This will be Thursday evening at 6pm in or very close to the beer garden. Details will be posted under a separate thread. We will be encouraging new riders, new members, new ideas and new discussion as well as providing a chance for people to see the face behind the avatar. This will be mentioned in the Owners News, Rally Program and right here.

Second there will be a seminar called the Geezer Free Zone which will be a meeting before a ride to eat on Friday. The emphasis and promotion will be on a gathering of our chronologically younger riders but no one will be denied participation based on their DOB. I am working on coordinating this with the Camp Gears team.

We will also be having a traditional seminar in a place with A/V equipment. Here we will provide instructions and demonstrate how to get the most from the forum software including how to work with images, smilies, attachments and formatting. We will also demonstrate and discuss our new secure commerce section followed by a presentation on what is happening in the future.

The deadlines for programs etc is coming up in a few days. Once everything is locked down I will release firm details.

Thanks to every one who participated here. From a simple question came some great ideas.

Best,

Geezer is as geezer does

Hey, I'm 58, but I feel like I'm about 22.
I don't mind the pups calling me a geezer. Just don't call me a feeb.

John Flora

the thought behind the meeting of younger BMWMOA riders is to help them blend in with group. how about some kind of "mentoring" program that matches a newbie with a GEEZER, just in case the younger of the two needs info, rally news, directions, rides to join in with, etc. it`s just a thought but as a qualified G-person i`d be willing to share thoughts, rides, ideas, and even beer with a younger gen-y person.

beemer-red said:
the thought behind the meeting of younger BMWMOA riders is to help them blend in with group. how about some kind of "mentoring" program that matches a newbie with a GEEZER, just in case the younger of the two needs info, rally news, directions, rides to join in with, etc. it`s just a thought but as a qualified G-person i`d be willing to share thoughts, rides, ideas, and even beer with a younger gen-y person.

Or a Geezer Newbie with an Experienced Young Guy!

Jim :brow

your are right Jim, I`d be more than happy to have a mentor at the National because although I really like going to the rallies in my area I`ve never been to the "big show". if I ever get the chance I`ll let one of experienced "newbie" mentor me cause I am "geezer afflicted" :bliss

Back