• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Photo Assignment: Weekend 11/24/07 Thanksgiving Special

Portraits III

My other half Jeanne and her Dad

protraits_0024-Jeanne-Dad1-web.jpg

RM

OK I'll shut up now....:)

Happy Thanksgiving Portraits

Well, I hope everyone had a ball (butter-ball?) this Thrusday. Great subject for portraits, Tom!

I struggled with the dim lighting at Grandma's house. After setting the ISO to 1600, I had some more luck, but many images were a bit grainy.

Here are those to whom I am quite grateful:

DSC_5633.JPG

She Who Must Be Obeyed

This is horribly under-exposed, but it so perfectly captures her kind and playful nature, I just had to post it. Truly challenging portrait in very low light, and will little warning (I was playing with the camera settings, and she had decided I should put it away :scratch ).

Last edited:
Happy Thanksgiving Portraits II

DSC_5594.JPG

Bath-Time for Cousins

Last edited:
Happy Thanksgiving Portraits III

DSC_5692.JPG

A Little Thanksgiving Ham

The fill-flash is a little much, so I’ll probably crop out some of the ladder and PhotoShop it before framing.

Here’s another without the flash. I love the contrast, but not totally thrilled that half her fact is over-exposed.

DSC_5710.JPG

Last edited:
Happy Thanksgiving Portraits VI

DSC_5601.JPG

Tryptophan

Again, this was in VERY low light. Here is another with more exposure. I struggled on this one as well. The darker is crisper, and is more representative of the moment.

DSC_5605.JPG

Last edited:
Happy Thanksgiving Portraits V

OK... At the risk of taking over, here are some of the honorable mentions:

DSC_5501.JPG
DSC_5534.JPG
DSC_5564.JPG

DSC_5670.JPG
DSC_5538.JPG

I really had fun with this, and I think some of these could find their way into Christmas stockings…

Last edited:
Fantastic pictures this week!! Great portraits from everyone.

I had a great time hanging out with family this year including these two beautiful children:

224692691-L.jpg

?grateful for?

grandkids :thumb

Attachments

• IMG_0851.alt.jpg
    IMG_0851.alt.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 199
I'm thankful for

A loving active family

225262505-M.jpg

After 3 brothers and two sons, my youngest child is Sugar and Spice

225262494-M.jpg

Last edited:
Wow. Super place. I take if if you turn around from your vantage point, you won't see a Walmart.

You got that right. Here is the view the other way! This is not a submission - way too fuzzy - but it does show the view Jack mentioned.

The nearest Walmart is 120 miles away - in Ft. Stockton. The nearest Super Walmart is 154 miles away in Pecos. In fact, the nearest town of any size is 53 miles away - Alpine, although fuel, some food, hardware, are located at Study Butte/Terlingua - a mere 25 miles away.

Attachments

• Other Way.jpg
    Other Way.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Sweet! I love pictures that make me ask "What's the rest of the story?"

Voni
sMiling

Back