• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

K75S Original Litter

Can anyone tell me what vin #'s belong to which year of K75S. I have been trying to create an Excel spreadsheet with this info.

Thanks, Bev:bikes

From the info I have , it's hard to tell because it seems that BMW didn't consistently change over to the new model production on the same month every year. The info only matches serial # with production date, not model year.:dunno

:dance :dance :dance

At this years NorCal 49er Rally there were at least 8 K75Ss.

Unfortunately we were only able to get 4 of them together at any one time (for the Concours) as half of them were always out riding at any given time either on the poker run or running up to Tahoe for lunch or just enjoying all the great roads in the Gold Country area of the Sierras.

Two more Ss were represented there in two awesome custom bikes from Special K's out of Northridge Ca. One was using an '87S frame that he had bought from New Jersey and the other one had started as a salvaged S that he had to replace the frame on. You can eventually check out his work at: http://specialks.net/ once he finishes his website.

In all, we had 19 early K-bikes in the bike show, the most of any of the 11 classes. That's a switch!

:dance :dance :dance

Huh, looks like my '87 falls in the original US litter.

Chalk up number 150286 as a Red k75s in here Boston MA.

Story goes, first owner purchased it in Wisconsin then I purchased it 5 years ago from the second owner in Brooklyn, NY.

Inline Triple from Bean Town checks in with the eleventh member of the "Original Litter". #286 a bright Marakesh Red K75S born May 1986.:clap:clap:clap

Welcome to the family!:bar

We want pictures! Either here or on the "Post a photo of your K-bike" at the top of this forum.:thumb

:dance:dance:dance

One of the last

Not original litter but the other end of the spectrum: 154547 - only 53 more after it.

Is this in the last litter?

1995 Arctic Silver

Just picked it up today :wave

4547 Born August 1994 (the very last one that month).:clap:clap:clap

The "Final Litter" 4548-4600 were born the next month (September 1994):buds

original litter

My k75s has 0225. So, I guess it's one of these originals.

My k75s has 0225. So, I guess it's one of these originals.

WOW!!! That makes twelve of the original litter checking in as MOA members.:buds:buds:buds:buds:buds:buds

0225 born May 1986. :clap:clap:clap

We want details. Color?(Marakesh Red I presume):dance Mileage? History? Where are you located?:lurk

PICTURES!!!! (in "post a photo of your K-bike " or in this thread)

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!:bar

I would STILL insist that ALL original litter K75S's are by default red.
Second litter all black
Third litter Colombia Silver (my fave)

Gilly

I got mine!

I picked up my 1994 Dakar Yellow K75S at the National...154504 born April, 1994.

While there I met the 2nd owner who noticed it due to the color!!

Having trouble putting saddlebags on and off! Any hints?

Bev:dance

Bev,

Welcome to the family :hug. You're going to really enjoy that bike. Two of your litter mates have already checked in:

Quickdraw from Stockton, California has 154455:brad

Doglips from Ironwood , Michigan has 154467:brad

Both are Dakar Yellow and born April 1994

That litter (April 1994) had 100 bikes. I believe they were all Dakar Yellow.

The Dakar Yellow branch of the family is starting to really make their presence known.:brad:brad:brad

As far as the bags go:

1. Undo latch that holds bag to bike.
2. Pull out bottom of bag until latch JUST clears the square hole it was in.
3. Slide bag towards rear of bike until it stops (about 1").
4. Lift bag off (will take some wiggling and tongue twisting).

To install reverse above

Step 3 is the part that is not intuitive and frustrates novices.

Last edited:
I bought mine new in April 87 at Razee Cycles in Rhode Island. It's black # 150596, built in October 96.

I sold it in July 2002 with 45K miles on it. I made a deal with the buyer that if he ever decided to sell it, he would offer it to me first. Well 7 years later, almost to the day, he contacted me that he wanted to sell it. I bought it back from him and rode it
350 miles home this past Saturday. It still runs like a Swiss Watch, but is need of some routine maintenance and a cosmetic makeover. It now has 57K miles on it.

I've been a BMW MOA member over 20 years now, but this is my first time posting on the forum.

Here is a picture taken when the bike was new, notice that the pipes hadn't even turned blue yet!

Ken
MOA 49625

Attachments

• APR87.jpg
    APR87.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 129
I bought mine new in April 87 at Razee Cycles in Rhode Island. It's black # 150596, built in October 96.
Ken
MOA 49625

That would be an extremely rare K75S if it was built in '96!! Of course you mean 1986.:deal

What a Beautiful bike!!:thumb

Welcome back to the family.:buds:buds:buds No need telling you what great bikes these are.

The title says '86 and it is Columbia Blue. She's a sweet thang except for those pulsating front brakes. I really love riding her. A nice ride!!!

The title says '86 and it is Columbia Blue. She's a sweet thang except for those pulsating front brakes. I really love riding her. A nice ride!!!

Well the title is wrong. ALL U.S. spec K75Ss with the silver drivetrain were sold as 1987 models even mine that was built in May of 1986.

There were NO 1986 U.S. Spec K75Ss.

Your bike wasn't even built until February 1987, two months before the end of 1987 model production.

Someone in your DMV did a typo.

The Columbia SILVER is a bluish silver. They did not make a BLUE in 1987. The paint scheme number (on the 1"x2" tag) on the top of the rear body section under your seat should be 616.

See posts #63-66 in this thread. Those are pictures of 150825 (Gilly's old bike) built in March of 1987 (the month after yours). That is the color that they were building during that time frame. It should be the same color as your bike. Columbia Silver #616.

Post pictures, either here or at the thread at the top that says "Post a picture of your K-bike".

My 1992 K75S is a Louisiana bike that I just bought from the second owner. 20833 miles at this time. This one is 153492. The paint is Metallic Blk. I've wanted a K bike for 25 years. I was visiting London in late fall of 1984, and one evening I strolled past a BMW bike showroom and I first laid eyes on a spotlit Flying Brick. I was awestruck at the sensational lines of the K bike. Now I've made one mine.

Alf

Back