• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

K75S Original Litter

If the Klassic K Kampout was on the correct coast that would work.:stick

Oh well, everyone over to my house next weekend.:bottle :lurk :kbasa :rocker

:dance :dance :dance

Hey the Klassic K IS on the correct coast and being held right in the middle of great riding.

maps

I'm confused....isn't Marakesh Red a bright, solid red a little on the light side? My
original litter 0231 was called 'Lava Red" I believe, a darker metallic red that quickly
faded to orange, but was drop dead gorgeous when new. (Can't read my pain code.)
The only other Lava Red K75s's I've seen were also 87's, then the 88s and later were
the brighter solid red. Congrats tomsljr on owning the S born right after mine! It is
also a daily rider, 180+k, not even close to concours but amazingly reliable & fun.

The bike is of course the fastest color. And since we're on the subject, a good source for the original paint? I am a decent painter but need to know who can do the color. And it was a single stage and not clear coated, correct?

The brand of paint was Glasurit (a subsidiary of BASF I believe).

IF the COLOR SCHEME number under your seat is 643 (Marakesh Red), then the Glasurit PAINT CODE is 222. Single stage.

As far as I could find , there is no listing for a "Lava Red". But I did find:

Red 1977 On (Metallic)
Scheme code:531 / 541 / 556 / 566 / 575 / 638 / 654 / 675 / 682 / 761
Paint code: 031 / 533
Used on:
Red Smoke, R65 Mono (20kw), R65RT Mono, R60/7, R75/7, R80/7, R80RT, R80TIC, R80RT Mono, R100/7, R100/7T, R100T, R100S, R100CS, R100RS Mono, R100RT Mono, R80G/S, R80ST, K100, K100RS, K100LT, K100RT, K75, K75C, K75RT, K75S, K100RS 16V, K1100RS, K1100LT,

and:

Mystic Red (Metallic)
Scheme code: 323 / 527 / 689 / 694
Paint code: 323
Used on:
R65 Mono (20kw), R80 Mono, R80RT Mono, R80GS, R80R Mystic, R100RT Mono, R100LT Mono, R100GS, R100R Mystic, R850R, R1100R, K75, K75RT, K75S, K1100LT, K1100RS

Will try to add scans of this vintage color guide, date on it is 9/85, but K75S is included?

Attachments

• bmw.jpg
    bmw.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 153
The date of that chart is prior to the manufacture of the US Spec bikes. I guess they eliminated the gray and the blue and added Marakesh Red for the release of the US bikes in May of '86.:dunno

I'm not sure either, it was what the dealer had on hand when I saw "my" K75 the first time. Wouls be interesting to know if there was a slightly later version chart. Just odd that they list the K75S. I have always heard the red referred to as Marrakesh Red also.

Gilly

K75S Meeting at the National

OK all you atendees, we should determine a location and time to meet for a group photo and some tire kickin' That would be a fun way to top off the rally! :buds

How about trying to meet near the Beer Garden....whereever that is going to be...when is a good day/time?

Bev

Better late than never...

Not an "original litter", but a '93 K75S #4062 in Pearl Alpine White (10/92 Production Month?) reporting in... :)

Obtained in mid-2006 from its second owner with < 16K miles. :(
Now with > 45K miles. :)

Just got on the post, been taking to bfontaine about the k75 seat. You might want to try sitting on a factory K75 low seat. There are quite a few of them around, had one until I changed it over to a standard. It might work for you. The seat rides right on the frame rails.

If anyone would like to take a crack at resizing that color chart I would be willing to email it.

Year/Vin #

Can anyone tell me what vin #'s belong to which year of K75S. I have been trying to create an Excel spreadsheet with this info.

Thanks, Bev:bikes

Back