• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

K75S Original Litter

Today I bought a 1988 Marakesh Red K75S - 151302 :dance

It no longer lives in north-eastern Oklahoma. Now it lives in Deep East Texas.

Nice.

My first K Bike was a Marakesh Red 88 K75S, had many a great adventures on that bike and never should have sold it!

Rich,

Welcome to the Brickyard!

151302 1988 Marakesh Red K75S Born July 1987:thumb:thumb:thumb

There is a sticker on the left frame tube just below the battery cover. It will have the VIN and the Born On Date in hard to read punched out dot numbers. The BOD is in the upper right of that sticker.

My 3 Marakesh Red '88Ss were born in June and July of '87 also. I'll have to check how close to yours they are. I only remember the exact # of my '87S.

:dance:dance:dance

Curious about my former K75s

Hi All,
Really neat to find this thread that brings back memories of mine.

Anyone seen # 150085?
When I (foolishly) traded it in at Foothills of Denver, it had an R100 RS fairing and was solid white. As I recall, it had north of 112k on the odo.

I still wonder what became of her.....

Here is 154392. Custom paint job - Acid Green - by Holt BMW, Athens, OH.

Attachments

• k75s hdr.jpg
    k75s hdr.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 79
Psychedelic! :rocker

A very appropriately named color.:groovy

Born January 1994 Was that originally one of the Yellow ones?

Psychedelic! :rocker

A very appropriately named color.:groovy

Born January 1994 Was that originally one of the Yellow ones?

I have no idea what the original color was. Is there any way to tell (short of scraping off a layer of paint?) And, yes, I did forget to mention that it's a '94 model. Only 12,585 miles on the odometer as of this morning.
I also have an '03 K1200GT, but the K75S is my choice as a daily rider for errands and pleasure because it's so nimble and fun to ride.

There MIGHT still be the color scheme sticker on the rear cowl under the seat. It's a black sticker with 3 white numbers about 2"x1" facing the left side of the bike.

Had a 87 S parked next to me at the Slimey Crud Run today, last 6 150868, I think prod date was 3/87. Oddly enough with Cali plates in WI. It was a black beauty, about 21K on it.

Back