• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

K75S Original Litter

This US spec K75s (150024) lives in northwest Arkansas and is red. It also won an award at Johnson City at the bike show,

Wow!!! 0024 born in the first week of US spec production in May 1986 (just like mine).
That's the second oldest (after Paul Glaves's ) that have checked in. That makes 13 from the first month of production (original litter).
:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance :dance:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance

Welcome to the family reunion.:bar

Let's see how many of them we can get together at Redmond.

:dance:dance:dance

Since this came up again I thought I'd add mine to the list; 150905. I bought it in November of 06. Its been a great bike. Even at 23 years old I wouldn't hesitate to take it anywhere.

0905 born march 1987.:german I believe that is the last month of '87 model production.

If patterns hold true, I believe your bike would be Columbia Silver. Is that true?

23 years is not old for a K75S. It's just mature.:bolt Mines only got 112,000 on it so far. Many more to follow.

Thanks for checking in. Let's see how many Ss we can get at Redmond!

This US spec K75s (150024) lives in northwest Arkansas and is red. It also won an award at Johnson City at the bike show,

Photos! We need photos! Mine is # 0231, (bought new) I notice your membership # is 36532, close to mine 35634. You must be reeeeaaaaaallllly old :heh

Since this came up again I thought I'd add mine to the list; 150905. I bought it in November of 06. Its been a great bike. Even at 23 years old I wouldn't hesitate to take it anywhere.

This is less than 100 away from my old K75. Still (always) wondering about the question I had about the Colombia Silver S's; that is, if they all were original w/solo seat and ne grab handles like mine was. Probably never really know as it was easy to make them "like all the others".
Keep wishing I would have kept mine, although I do sort of keep in touch with the new owner, and I did ask him for "first right of refusal" if he decides to sell, so I can hope for that.
As far as riding though, a short hop on my GT usually cures the longing for it back, but in the off season, all I have are dreams of riding anyways........

Gilly

PICTURE of litter mate

I just sent a picture of my K75s number 150024. I have had it only 3 years and its been to the last 3 national meets. I bought it from a member who had it for sale on the MOA website. He lived in East Tennessee. This is a very fun thread to read about others bikes. Question.....do all the early K75s bikes have a rear brake reservoir that is exposed to the sunlight? thanks, and yes old hippie I am OLD.

Question.....do all the early K75s bikes have a rear brake reservoir that is exposed to the sunlight? thanks, and yes old hippie I am OLD.

I think about 1988 the rear brake reservoir was moved up under the plastic since the sunlight degraded the plastic. There might of been a recall or at least a mod offered.

Question.....do all the early K75s bikes have a rear brake reservoir that is exposed to the sunlight?

According to BMW's microfiche, the rear brake reservoir was moved 4 months into the '88 model year (9/87), so the only US K75Ss to have the exposed reservoir would be the '87s and the first five or six hundred '88s. BUT, both my first month '88 (built 6/87 and my second month '88 (7/87) came with the round reservoirs under the battery cover so, I would conclude that ALL '88s had the newer reservoir.

New reservoirs are still available: 34311451863 FLUID RESERVOIR, SQUARE CORNERS - Up to 09/1987 $20.43

Last edited:
Of course owners could change things out to the newer stuff. On mine I had the coolant tank replaced to the kind with the bulged-out window instead of the clear tube that remained clear for only a couple years. The new style never got coudy or dirty looking and was a direct retrofit. Just for example.
Gilly

Really old....

Photos! We need photos! Mine is # 0231, (bought new) I notice your membership # is 36532, close to mine 35634. You must be reeeeaaaaaallllly old :heh

I guess that I have a big problem with my membership #5791 (yeah 4 digits)

I have the 1994 Dakar Yellow 154504 name is STING II

Bev

87 k75S Montreal Blue

Mine is #150882. Currently at 48k miles - has factory hard cases and I converted it to a low seat. I was told is was originally purchased new in Waycross Georgia. I think I am the third or fourth owner.

Wonderful bike! my fourth BMW (R69S, R75/5, R90 were the first three in that order) Love this one and would take it anywhere.

Would like the chance to ride an R1150R!

but k75S? :bow

0882 born March 1987. :buds:buds:buds

Montreal Blue? :huh Has it been repainted? :scratch What is the paint scheme code number on the tag under the seat?

Montreal Blue!

Here's the tag on the bike, Lee. What do you think?

Attachments

• Montreal Blue.JPG
    Montreal Blue.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 139
Here's the tag on the bike, Lee. What do you think?

That sticker is a BMW automotive sticker (same design as on my 635). Montrealblau was a BMW car color from 1995-2000. Code 297.

K-bike paint code stickers look like this:

P8090035.JPG

As far as I know, '87 US K75Ss only came in Red, Black, and Silver.

I would conclude that yours has been repainted. Not that that matters if it was done well. That is a really cool color.:thumb Very nice touch, using the BMW tag.

Makes sense to me. I would also bet that the rear handles were added in later as well. Relatively sure this bike would have been Colombia Silver.
Gilly

Montreal Blue?

What you guys say makes sense - and the paint was well done, as there are no traces of any other color on the bike. The factory hard cases are also painted this color, and likewise were excellently done. Here's a picture taken on a trip up to the Blue Ridge:

Attachments

• 2008_1207Image0059.jpg
    2008_1207Image0059.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 121
Better Picture

Here's a better picture of the paint color. Taken on a trip up to Atlanta outside of Camilla Georgia. Montreal Blue! Not too bad.....

Attachments

• 2008_0417Image0086.jpg
    2008_0417Image0086.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 119
Dakar yellow # 154429.
And unfortunately for sale...

Welcome Glacierdan,:wave

Wow, that's really starting to fill out the Dakar Yellow litter:german:german:german:german:german

#154429; Born April 1994

Along with:

#4455 owned by Quickdraw from Stockton, California:wave

#4467 owned by Doglips from Ironwood, Michigan:wave

#4483 owned by Nh7robmw from Volcano, Hawaii (in process of repainting to a different color):doh

#4504 owned by BFontaine from "where they park the motorhome":wave

All from the same litter born in April of 1994 and all Dakar Yellow.:hug:wave:love:brad:groovy

Sorry to hear you are selling. Have the new owner look us up.:hide

Back