Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Unchained Tea and a Wee Tour '08

Quote Originally Posted by lamble View Post
    Damn, how long will they take to get ready in the morning?
    That's one of the reasons I left my last sweetheart. She packed heavy for trips, never went to the airport before noon, and for one 3- or 4-day weekend road-trip she brought a full-size hair-dryer and *THREE* curling-irons!

She took a good hour to get from domestic to publically-presentable (in HER opinion), and wouldn't ride with me on the bike if she'd already done her hair for the day (no unplanned rides as a result).

Sweet girl, but definitely NOT ready for adventure!

That reminds me- Lamble, have you read Investment Biker by Jim Rogers? His gorgeous blonde travel-companion wanted to take hs /2 on their round-the-world ride because she thought it looked cool...and he let her!
    2012 R1200GS

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

Quote Originally Posted by The_Veg View Post
    That's one of the reasons I left my last sweetheart. She packed heavy for trips, never went to the airport before noon, and for one 3- or 4-day weekend road-trip she brought a full-size hair-dryer and *THREE* curling-irons!

She took a good hour to get from domestic to publically-presentable (in HER opinion), and wouldn't ride with me on the bike if she'd already done her hair for the day (no unplanned rides as a result).

Sweet girl, but definitely NOT ready for adventure!

That reminds me- Lamble, have you read Investment Biker by Jim Rogers? His gorgeous blonde travel-companion wanted to take hs /2 on their round-the-world ride because she thought it looked cool...and he let her!
    I've no idea what these ladies are like, or what there riding style is or isn't.
    Tom has been hit by a truck since I last saw him, so needs a new pannier, but is okay physically I believe.

Without doubt it's adding elements into the mix that can either be regarded as added interest, or additional concerns. Only time and mileage will tell how this will pan out.

Quote Originally Posted by lamble View Post
    See that's just pervy.
    You know the USA idea of attractive...California blonde, with a hint of girl next door. Could appear giving the weather report, or in one of those adverts for skin care cream that reduces wrinkles, where a model who isn't old enough to have developed even a dent, yet alone a wrinkle, is used.

That sort.
    Oh yah. Someone a 17 year old would lust after. That kind.

Those would hold you back a bunch. Like, you know, like it would, you know, take like a long time, like to say like anything, you know?
    I used to post here, but now I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by SIBUD View Post
    Oh yah. Someone a 17 year old would lust after. That kind.

Those would hold you back a bunch. Like, you know, like it would, you know, take like a long time, like to say like anything, you know?
    For all I know, they both might be articulate, punctual, charming, multilingual, off road riding champions, with a need to hang around two old blokes.

But...they might not.

It just came as a surprise, and so did my reaction.

Do I have enough pannier room for slippers and a labrador?

Ladies have already decided to postpone their journey for a year or so.

So that's sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by Statdawg View Post
    The girl next door ? My neighbor weights in at 300 pounds and is a blonde. I can't see lugging her to Buenos Aires on a GS unless I can get an engineering grant to finance the venture.

The way America is becoming she is a classic.
    You'll see I said idea, not reality. Is that classic, as in classic cola, full fat and extra sugar?

Really 300lbs? That's big!

I've been in touch with the Minister for Tea Education, at the Republic of Tea, and have been granted an interview.
    Their offices are on the way south, so I'll be calling in to do a filming session, hopefully gaining some valuable Tea info and insight during the process.

If I'm lucky, I'll try and blag a title for myself, something like Ambassador for Tea, or Tea Envoy, or perhaps Count of the Cup.

Nice people, nice tea.

http://www.republicoftea.com/