Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Photo Assignment: Weekend 11/17/07

SNC1923
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnszilla View Post
    Last week I went on a 'bacon run' to the Corralitos Market. Today I got to enjoy it. Honey cured bacon and fresh eggs from our neighbor's hens down the road.
    Dude, tell me you made gravy with that grease. Geez that looks good. I had chorizo and eggs at the Mojave airport this morning, but there's nothing like good, thick-sliced bacon.

ian408
    Burnzilla makes bacon and doesn't invite anyone else?

What's up with that?

One man's trash....

Riding down state line road (the border between Kansas and Missouri) I spied some lattice work and scrap lumner some nimrod had thrown out beside the road. Nothing was square to the world so it was hard to get the lines right. Apparently he like Missouri better than Kansas because he threw it on the Kansas side of the road.

Bob Rippy
    IBA #451
    Tour of Honor Missouri State Sponsor
    14 R1200RT (currently parked) 07 R1200RT

Quote Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
    Burnzilla makes bacon and doesn't invite anyone else?

What's up with that?
    Dude, you know where I live.
    There's 9 more packages of it in my freezer!
    Stephen Burns - 2007 R1200GS
    BMW MOA Lifetime Member
    www.burnsmoto.com

SNC1923

Picture of the Week

Check out our own Rapid-Roy's "Wide Open" submission as this week's picture of the week. Congratulations!

franze

Try angles

grossjohann
    Quote Originally Posted by SNC1923 View Post
    Check out our own Rapid-Roy's "Wide Open" submission as this week's picture of the week. Congratulations!
    Hey! Nice job RR!

Once there was a Tavern PAULBACH's Avatar
    Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains
    And, of course, this is the safest image and the most technically sound, but it's just plain boring.

Hidden Triangle!

Sometimes it's the triangle you don't notice at first - two tires and a sidestand - a most wonderful triangle!

Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains
    Quote Originally Posted by Voni View Post
    When I took this shot I saw three obvious triangles. Later the 4th jumped out at me.

Voni
    sMiling
    I found 14 triangles in the picture. Count the triangles in the landscape and within the tepees. And, I bet I missed a couple.

Nice composition.

There has to be a triangle in there someplace.

After seeing all the creative triangle shots I went back to the Thanksgiving dinner given by Max BMW Motorcycles. There had to be a triangle in there someplace. Finally found one - the Eternal Triangle.

No need for any commentary or evaluation here - just a casual snapshot.

When I look back at many shots from all over the world it is always the pictures with people in them that are my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by PAULBACH View Post
    When I look back at many shots from all over the world it is always the pictures with people in them that are my favorites.
    I was thinking the same thing
    and then wondered why the majority of the pictures I've sent to this thread
    have been things and NOT people.

Voni

sMiling
    Last edited by Voni; 11-20-2007 at 01:16 AM.
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million BMW sMiles

grossjohann
    Quote Originally Posted by Voni View Post
    I was thinking the same thing
    and then wondered why the majority of the pictures I've sent to this thread
    been things and NOT people.

Voni

sMiling
    People often add a challenging dynamic to photography. Objects can be controlled while you take as much time as you like to set up the shot, people rarely preserve the moment for you. I love portraits nearly as much for the artistic composition as for the psychology behind them.

Thanks for the idea… Whatever the assignment this week, I’ll try to find it in a portrait.

-Alex

rocketman
    Quote Originally Posted by grossjohann View Post
    People often add a challenging dynamic to photography. Objects can be controlled while you take as much time as you like to set up the shot, people rarely preserve the moment for you. I love portraits nearly as much for the artistic composition as for the psychology behind them.

Thanks for the idea Whatever the assignment this week, Ill try to find it in a portrait.

-Alex
    Oh, I don't know, I found the person in my first submittal to be very co-operative!

On a more serious note, people do indeed add an element of interest in a photo, it gives us something to identify with, it was for that reason I included the second shot of the Museum in my second entry, I felt that photo told a story rather than being just a photograph of a structure, we can identify with the people visiting the museum but can't really do that with a building. The Human element is often the most important and most challenging.

RM

Nice interpretation, Roy. Hard to say which is better--both perspectives have merit.
    Thank you. I really need to use my tripod, half were blurry. I was playing with the A/S/M mode on the camera and using available light. I didn't like any of the flash pictures. I didn't like any of the color pictures either.
    19 BMWMOA Nationals under my belt, and I have no idea what I am doing.

I never would have done it without these contest threads.
    Everyone's pictures are very inspiring, those and the critiques are my muse. That was another lucky photo as I had no tripod (I was using a stick) and most turned out blurry, again using available light.
    19 BMWMOA Nationals under my belt, and I have no idea what I am doing.