• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Thinking of starting a riders group in Chicago 'burbs

Bike blessing before the season
DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

Got some LED lights install on the GS

2012-04-13152624.jpg

2012-04-12222519.jpg

Those who interested in them please pm me,i got few more sets available,All my bikes getting them.Those lights are only 10W.

So......What's the cost?:)

Pm me for a special price just for you Steve.

Regular price is $180/set shipped in lower 48.It beets the $320+/set of Piaa's.

I got 8 sets left,new order is coming with additional 50 sets.
Some of that order is spoken for and will go to another project we working on.

Edit:4 sets left as of now

Last edited:
Are you the largest independent BMW repair shop in Chicago?

HaHa funny, but there is no shortage of BMW bikes here.

Here playing with new LED lights on a GS.
2012-04-17115820.jpg

Special delivery. The way I pick up bikes when needed.
2012-04-13075043.jpg

In the works is a building that will suit a both side of my business,time will tell.

Last edited:
Man I hope you all got out today for a good hop.
Got all of mine out and spanked them hard.
Thought I'd take a break, refresh, pop in, say boo and go out for more.
Glorious!

Man I hope you all got out today for a good hop.
Got all of mine out and spanked them hard.
Thought I'd take a break, refresh, pop in, say boo and go out for more.
Glorious!

Me and Maggie took a ride to Tinley Park for a event, on the way back we stop by Countryside BMW. Did pick up a new riding pants since I was there.

Got new lights mounted on my GS when we got back and quick run in the dark to test them.

Good day after all.

RRR

Now those pics look warm Martin. Not taken around here for sure. Freaking snowing again today. I hope the ice is off the lakes by May. A real change from last years spring. I was supposed to drive down to Atlanta to pick up my New (to me) R1200 Adventure but the snow south changed my plans. :banghead I am psyched and ready to do some riding. Probably trailer down to AZ for some warm weather desert riding in a couple weeks.

North Sider taggin on to Chicagoland thread

Hey guys, I have an 86 K100rs and my wife is learning on her 87 K75s So we are following along as well. You are all invited up to Kenosha Yacht Club (not pretentious at all) for snacks and drinks this summer. We are up there Thursday and Sundays.
Jim

Hey Jim -

Since you live in Highwood, you also know that a few of us tend to assemble at The Full Moon in Lake Bluff on Sunday mornings from April to November - weather permitting. Most of us buy breakfast and/or coffee and meet other riders. Mostly European bikes and a nice crowd. Welcome!:groovy

Hey! :wave
Talk about a Good Friday.
TY Jesus. (Can we blaspheme in heah?)
And the weather looks GREAT too. :whistle

Hey guys, I have an 86 K100rs and my wife is learning on her 87 K75s So we are following along as well. You are all invited up to Kenosha Yacht Club (not pretentious at all) for snacks and drinks this summer. We are up there Thursday and Sundays.
Jim

Now that does sound like fun. A freind just bought a place on the lake in N Kenosha. Lets go for a ride.

Since you live in Highwood, you also know that a few of us tend to assemble at The Full Moon in Lake Bluff on Sunday mornings from April to November - weather permitting. Most of us buy breakfast and/or coffee and meet other riders. Mostly European bikes and a nice crowd. Welcome!:groovy

So do you guys just meet at Full moon and then head home or do you go riding? What times do you usually meet. :banghead

I am located near Wauconda so riding East is not usually on my agenda but do go the the FM on occasion.
I tend to head North West or any combination of the two. Nice place in Walworth for breakfast. :thumb

Full Moon Kenosha and Beaver Dam Rally

I didn't make it to Full Moon last Sunday, because I went straight up to Kenosha. They aren't going to be a "hot" destination until Mid May. But I have been up at Full Moon around 9-10am the prevous Sundays. It would be great to see some forum members up there. You can't miss me. 6'7" with a K100RS Alaska Blue.. I like having breakfast (because if we don't support the host they will close like the Highland House did.. This next Sunday, I am thinking of going up to Beaver Dam, Wi for an early rally. Weather Permitting. http://maps.google.com/maps?aq=&rlz...beaver+dam+wi&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&sa=N&tab=wl About half way between Madison and Fond du Lac. See This for more info. So this Sunday I may be up there early for breakfast because to get to Beaver Dam by Noon it is three hours.

As far as Kenosha goes as the weather gets better, it's a better destination.

Don't hesitate to contact me if you feel like riding because I just may join you.

Uncle Jim

We can meet you in Walworth, too.

So do you guys just meet at Full moon and then head home or do you go riding? What times do you usually meet. :banghead

I am located near Wauconda so riding East is not usually on my agenda but do go the the FM on occasion.
I tend to head North West or any combination of the two. Nice place in Walworth for breakfast. :thumb
I do understand about heading east when you live out there by Bang's Lake. It's good riding right on Fairfield Rd. So If there is consensus we can leave early and head to West Fontana area.

So far I have re-introduced myself to riding in the last three months. So my habits are not set. But to form a good group it always helps to meet face to face and do some brother bonding. Early in the season we can start at the Moon and then once we can put a name to a face we can work on ideas and consensus, choose a destination. The Rally in Beaver Dam is a good one. There is also a Not Starved Rock ride with Chicago Regional Area BMWOA group that same weekend. Not sure where they are headed. Equally if no body wants to go up there, then we can ride locally.

UJ

Hi All, I be leading a ride to Oregon IL via old Cherry Valley route this coming Sunday. The route will have variety of secondary roads thrum farm fields between Chicago and Cherry Valley and then along the river to Oregon IL for lunch.

Ride pace will be relaxed to brisk, I did not check the route for road condition from last winter so extra caution will be taken. Everyone is responsible for their bike so please check your equipment for proper tire pressure and overall condition.

There will be a fuel stop in Cherry Valley apr. 75- 80 miles for those with a smaller tanks and for a pit stop for refreshments.

So far we got 5 riders from another board.

Shell at the corner of Rand Rd (Rt12) and Lake Cook Rd.
Meet up @10:15, Kickstand up @ 10:30 sharp.

Martin

Last edited:
Back