• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Thinking of starting a riders group in Chicago 'burbs

This is a VERY loosely (poorly?) organized group. :dunno However we've pulled off several weekends rides and a lot of Sunday rides.

The Chicago BMW MOA chapter, however is VERY organized with at least one ride a week from April thru November.:hug

I belong to both!

Well, give a shout if you do a Sunday ride starting from the north end. I start out from Wilmette and my wife likes to ride pillion with me.

I'm looking to ride somewhere this coming Sunday.

It's a go...

At this point the weather is looking good enough. Meet at my house between 9/10:00?

Everyones welcome....send a PM for address/email/phone #.

Jer

Newbie checking in.
Just stumbled on this thread...some great ideas for rides! Hoping to get to meet some of you folks in the near future!

Tell me more

5 riders and what a sweet day to ride!:clap

I'd like to know more about people's riding style before I show up for a new group ride.

Typically, I ride with mama on the back and I'm pretty conservative -- 5 or 10 above the limit, and no off roading yet. We like 2 lanes and back roads and few four lanes. Though we were on Rte 41 heading home from WI yesterday at about +10mph when I could see a beemer coming up on my 6. He kept weaving and advancing 'till he passed me and I was surprised to see this guy on a new RT with nothing on his head but a ball cap. I would not want to ride with him.

I'd like to know more about people's riding style before I show up for a new group ride.

Typically, I ride with mama on the back and I'm pretty conservative -- 5 or 10 above the limit, and no off roading yet. We like 2 lanes and back roads and few four lanes. Though we were on Rte 41 heading home from WI yesterday at about +10mph when I could see a beemer coming up on my 6. He kept weaving and advancing 'till he passed me and I was surprised to see this guy on a new RT with nothing on his head but a ball cap. I would not want to ride with him.
We are all very safe riders and you and your SO would have a great time!:bikes

Yep. And in our local Arms race..

Marcin is now riding that Yellow K1200R, or RS. :nono

I'll always be looking at the back of his bikes.

This must be Stevo:stick

Back