• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Thinking of starting a riders group in Chicago 'burbs

Btw -

The 1150GS is now for sale, if anyone knows someone looking. $6995.

P6140467.jpg

I'm gonna miss this machine. Full ad over on ADV.

Just dollars -

The GS is an outstanding machine - did 925 miles in a single day - did several 800+ mile days. Rode the the Haul Road and the Dempster - dirt and gravel paths that suffer every possible destructive force of nature and man. 8" deep freezing mud, deep scary gravel, ruts, you name it - the GS handled it well. (The rider was however occasionally spooked...)

The K is paid for, I need to sell the GS to pay back the bank's money.

An amazing and very well thought out design. I'll get another someday.

You guys riding this summer?

Working on the trip report - a few more pics from the Arctic along the Dempster Highway.

P5290195.jpg

P5290192.jpg

Thanks for letting try your GS Brain. That is the only one I have rode besides my cousins Airhead. What a difference!

Gs -

Steve - Riding your RT showed me so many of the Iron Butt guys use these as their 'weapon of choice' - 1000 miles would be easy on your machine.:german

Just not on gravel and dirt.:deal

(unless your name is Tom Cates from Kentucky - he could probably ride his RT up the side of the Hancock Building. In the rain)

Alaska trip report posted - Chasing Winter...

Anyone heard from Marcin and Curt? They ought to be back from Colorado by now...

west fest

Marcin went but I did not. I broke my thumb (twice) this summer and have been out of commission until just this week. Martin will be back ~ tomorrow, 8/05. May'be longer since he was planning on a Moab sidetrip.

Not a peep, Bryan.
Honestly, I was not aware they were planning a ride.

Speaking of which - anyone up for a ride this weekend. Sunday? Marcin tuned up my RS while I was unable to ride and it runs ... hot (in a good way) and I have had barely anytime on the saddle.

Next weekend is Still Humble/Dinky Dozen rally. I think it's still the 4H campgrounds in Pontiac IL. You can camp Friday, registration begins Saturday morning. I think it's less than a hundred miles from me. Went down for a Saturday last year and for sure have to make this one.

Yeah, here it is:
The DINKY DOZEN'S STILL HUMBLE MINI RALLY. Friday Night, through Sunday, August 16, 2008 at 4-H Fairgrounds, Pontiac, IL. Registration - Saturday 7 a.m.-3 p.m. We're back and still humble. Join the Dinky Dozen for their 27th rally. We're continuing our new way of rallying. Our Mini Rally is a great place to reconnect with old friends and make some new. We'll be at the same place, 4-H Fairgrounds in Pontiac. Registration starts Saturday at 7 a.m. Admission is $20 and includes camping. Check our web site for more information on events and offerings. contact: Keith Jenkins - Rally Chair, 309-452-9534, bmdoubleu2@aol.com

Anyone want to ride this weekend?

Summer days are waning - the early leaves are starting to fade - in a few weeks they'll be falling.

Any of the Chicago Riders up for a 1/2 day ride this weekend? Perhaps up to Lake Geneva and some Rustic Roads?

If you don't do this, you'll regret it come winter.........:deal

Summer days are waning - the early leaves are starting to fade - in a few weeks they'll be falling.

Any of the Chicago Riders up for a 1/2 day ride this weekend? Perhaps up to Lake Geneva and some Rustic Roads?

If you don't do this, you'll regret it come winter.........:deal

Sunday - Rustic Roads?

Back