• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Thinking of starting a riders group in Chicago 'burbs

Their's several BMW groups that hang in Chi-Town.
Offically ya got's the Chicago Region BMW Owners Association #3 that meets the second Thursday of each month in Elmhurst/Villa Park area.
http://www.crbmw.com/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/

Then ya got's this place/resturant,called the Full Moon, in I believe North Chicago
off of Rt 41 and Rt137.... 'bout 5-8 minutes east of 294 on 137,at 41 head south a block or so,ya can't miss it on the East side of the street.
Many bikes,all kinds of 'cycle brethern,stop,look,BS,make new friends!!!
You'll be hooking up with friends in "No time"!!

I was at the Full Moon last spring and it was closed, locked up tight. Did it reopen?

Calling Tech Day

:deal How about another tech day??

You pick a weekend,(june 6-7 out).

tires,oils,brakes,valves,fluids,etc.

Post what you need, y2k.

I will need my tires changed in about 4k miles. Maybe by then I will be ready. Already have them so I am counting on your help.:D

June 6-7...

I'll be up riding the Arctic Tundra. Probably ought to get the rear tire changed before I leave!!!:deal

Besides, we are leaving late Wed and arriving home early on Monday.:deal
Plan 250+miles days when we are there.

BLESS MY RIDE "Ride"

Anyone in Chicago or the Chicago 'Burbs, may be interested in this event.
In the tradition of the original 59 club, put a little extra spin on those tires and get 'em blessed! Here is more info:

Clarendon Hills Church Invites All to
ÔÇ£Bless My RideÔÇØ Celebration

On June 7, Church of the Holy Nativity (CHN), Clarendon Hills, will move the Sunday-morning liturgy out of its sanctuary and onto its large parking lot, at 275 S. Richmond Avenue (Richmond at 55th, Clarendon Hills) for an unusual and informal summer service. ÔÇ£If you drive, pedal or ride it, we will bless it,ÔÇØ states The Rev. Aim?®e Delevett, CHN rector.
ÔÇ£The Bless my Ride service was inspired by the spectacular popularity of car-centered events like Cruze Nites here in the Western suburbs,ÔÇØ Rev. Delevett continued, ÔÇ£where people bring their cars and kids to have a great time in the summer sunshine. This year, we have expanded to include motorcycles and bicycles as well. WeÔÇÖre inviting all to bring their cars, bikes and kids (and their scooters and trikes), and worship with us in the summer sunshine. We think itÔÇÖll be a great time, too.ÔÇØ
The CHN parking lot opens at 9 am, with special reserved parking for classic cars and bikes. During the service, which begins at 10 am, every ÔÇ£rideÔÇØ (car, motorcycle, bike, wheelchair, anything with wheels), will receive a special blessing. ÔÇ£WeÔÇÖre calling it, ÔÇÿBless My Ride!ÔÇÖÔÇØ the priest observed. ÔÇ£IÔÇÖm looking forward to blessing all of them ÔÇô from elegantly restored classics to daily rides, from BeemerÔÇÖs to bicycles to beaters, and everything in between.ÔÇØ

Attachments

• bmr2.jpg
    bmr2.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 132
I'll be up riding the Arctic Tundra. Probably ought to get the rear tire changed before I leave!!!:deal

Hi Brian,

If you are still alive and online - weren't you going to start a thread or blog on your website?

We want to see how things are going along.:lurk

Just returned -

10,600 miles. 925 miles in the last day.
Crossed the Continental Divide more times than I can count.
Had a 30 something Harley girl offer to show us ALL of her tatoos.....
Met International Arms dealers
Discovered my tank will carry me 230 miles-and not a mile further
Learned to sleep with no darkness

Saw -
  • Moose
  • Bear
  • Caribou
  • Musk Oxen
  • Big Horned sheep
  • Mountain goats
  • Woods Bison
  • Lots of Black Bears
  • Deer and Antelope
  • etc.
Rode in/on;
  • Rain
  • Sleet
  • Hail
  • Sun
  • Ice fog
  • Sunshine
  • Mud/Gravel/Dirt Roads/paved roads/ freezing mud roads (2000 plus miles of this)
Wore out a rear Knobbie Tire..... in a week

Quite a trip. Report to eventally follow.

P5310303.jpg

250 miles above the Arctic Circle.

Last edited:
10,600 miles. 925 miles in the last day.
Crossed the Continental Divide more times than I can count.
Had a 30 something Harley girl offer to show us ALL of her tatoos.....
Met International Arms dealers
Discovered my tank will carry me 230 miles-and not a mile further
Learned to sleep with no darkness

Saw -
  • Moose
  • Bear
  • Caribou
  • Musk Oxen
  • Big Horned sheep
  • Mountain goats
  • Woods Bison
  • Lots of Black Bears
  • Deer and Antelope
  • etc.
Rode in/on;
  • Rain
  • Sleet
  • Hail
  • Sun
  • Ice fog
  • Sunshine
  • Mud/Gravel/Dirt Roads/paved roads/ freezing mud roads (2000 plus miles of this)
Wore out a rear Knobbie Tire..... in a week

Quite a trip. Report to eventally follow.

P5310303.jpg

250 miles above the Arctic Circle.

Wow - I know what my next big trip will be when I get my enduro in the next year or two!

The 1150 GS...

Was an excellent ride for this trip. 75 on the slab effortlessly, handled the slick muddy owl poop that occasionally passed for road surface, the torque band was easily tapped.

Did see a few 650GS Thumpers - the 1150 might have the edge. Anyhow not a single problem the entire trip.... just add gas from time to time - and not picky as to the octane either.

Get into the Yukon - you have a choice of diesel or unleaded, and you're happy to get that.

I am very impressed by this machine.

Back