• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Thinking of starting a riders group in Chicago 'burbs

Quincy Ride - Take 2

June 28th and 29th - Nice ride down on Saturday - dinner and a ride back along the Mississippi on Sunday.

Curt and I are planning on doing Bik's routes - any other takers?

June 28th and 29th - Nice ride down on Saturday - dinner and a ride back along the Mississippi on Sunday.

I am off and may be ready to ride. V-Rod ok to tag along? Martin, use your spell check.:laugh

Cool -

The V-Rod will be a great addition - German designed anyhow!:german

Martin - this IS a two day trip!:type

My aim is to meet somewhere early Saturday for breakfast - not sure where Curt lives - and head out with Bik's routes slipped into my tank bag... I know Starved Rock was the first interesting stretch! Light a candle for good weather!

I'm figuring on camping unless there is a strong concenus that we find other lodging that involves a roof over our heads.

Fortunately,

Quincy is on this side if the Mississippi. In fact both of them are. And this Quincy is high on the bluffs above the river.

Not making fun of this - odds are my son and I will be heading down in a few days to volunteer in the levees. If it's not too late.

Quincy -

The river crested yesterday due to levees breaking well North on the Mississippi - draining billions and billions of cubic meters of water out of a river will do that.

Anyhow, the bridges will be reopening soon, and I can certainly take my camping gear. I have a 2 man tent etc. Does this crew want to camp or find a cheap motel?

HA! Family reunion canceled. I am ready to ride. Sort of.:lurk
Made it 100 miles today but needed ice.:doh
I rode with the "Harley Neighbors" today. At least I have the fastest Harley.:bolt

Just added another rider -

Buddy of mine who rides a nicely maintained Turbo, so we are 4 or 5 for the ride. Haven't heard from Curt, so need to hear from him. Curt?:brow

Where should we plan on meeting Saturday morning? My thought is to get an early start and eat breakfast just West of Starved Rock....:eat

Riding light and fast this trip.

I'll try, but Saturday may be a problem. Let me know your end point and I'll meet you there if I can get away. Being the cheap SOB that I am... anyone want to share a room?

I'll try, but Saturday may be a problem. Let me know your end point and I'll meet you there if I can get away. Being the cheap SOB that I am... anyone want to share a room?
Jack, (I am cheap) if you show I will share a room. If you don't someone else will be spared my snoring.:ear
I am up for the ride. Just might try to ride the LT beforehand to see if I can take it instead.:whistle

accident on the way to work

`````````````

Last edited:
Jack, (I am cheap) if you show I will share a room. If you don't someone else will be spared my snoring.:ear
I am up for the ride. Just might try to ride the LT beforehand to see if I can take it instead.:whistle

Great... what is the end point?

Back