• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Thinking of starting a riders group in Chicago 'burbs

Transferred route to MapSource.

We can meet for breakfast at

Three Brothers
1220 S Eastwood Dr
Woodstock, IL 60098
815-338-5606

(corner of Lake St. and Rt. 47, just north of US-14 and south of Rt. 120)

There's a gas station around the corner also. We fill our stomachs and gas tanks here.

The breakfast is okay. Second thought, I might scout for better tasting breakfast somewhere, I'll let you know, somewhere on our route and easy for others. We meet here annually for our Kettle Moraine ride.

Anyone wishing for the garmin maps (.gdb) file can email me. I'll email a week before we go, this way, if I add any waypoints, you'll get the updated version.

Thanks Martin -

All I have to do is replace the mirror bracket and button 'er back up. 35 minutes after I get the part.

My estimate says

If we meet for breakfast in Woodstock, say 7am for 1 hour tops, we'll be in Dixon around 9:45am, that maybe too early for lunch.

We stop for some great pie in Tampico at around 10:30am. I hope they still make great pies like they did 10 years ago :dunno

I found Portside Bar & Grill in New Boston (town that at the banks of Mississippi river), probably 1.5 mile detour where we can stop for lunch at around 12:45pm

BTW, about camping, I found the Siloam Spring State Park is about 20 miles East of Quincy! I maybe hoteling in that case.

I rode out to 71 and 47 to meet up with some LT riders. Only two of us went riding, but it was a blast! Out to Starved Rock and around. 250 miles of smiles.:dance

1K in 24hrs and saddle sores, bub.
Say are we going to have another meeting to finalize the itinerary and argue about having breakfast in Woodstock? I mean, I have to ride north to ride south?
Ain't no big deal.
Hey Montauk, is the route for the GPS ready? (.gdb file)
Anybody else have the file yet? How does it look?

Last edited:
meeting for breakfast

The way I see, given the spread where people live, most of us may be able to meet at a predetermined place, say Woodstock. However, we'll have another one for 15 min break where everyone can catch up. I think that would be near Rt 2 in Rockford.

This way someone like yourself, or Uncut, perhaps Jack from WI can meet us, etc. I do understand that Woodstock is not for everyone, but probably for Brian, Martin, I and Steve.

Also, I think that if weather forecast for rain, that we be open. Although we discussed and decided to stay with the program, but I'm thinking, we are going to ride to enjoy & have fun. We need to enjoy the MO & IL scenery. Rain takes 1/2 the fun out, gloomy day, etc. Just a food for thought.:bolt

Back