• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Thinking of starting a riders group in Chicago 'burbs

Report and pictures are posted over on the Ride reports section.

Ten days, 3444 miles and 59.5 hours in the saddle.

I am back with a BMW 00' R1100RT $2500 below KBB.
CopyofIMG_2040.jpg

IMG_2055.jpg

IMG_2041.jpg

Yes it needs a bath BAD.:bikes

Well. An RT. How special.
Now you're rockin'!

Just back from Gillette. Wyo.and the BMW Rally. 3444 miles in 9 days - drove in Wisconsin, Minnesota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Nebraska, Iowa and Illinois. Highest atitude ridden was 10,974 feet, amidst snow fields and blooming wildflowers - highest speed was 117MPH - open range encounters with herds of cattle and flocks of sheep... fortunately not at 117 MPH.

Broke a clutch cable and rode across 60 miles of high desert highways in 4th and 5th gears before finally killing the bike in Little America, Wyo. (Only in Wyoming can you go that far without stopping)

Fortunately Bob's BMW came through with a new cable the next day.

I-80 sucks at night with a 45 MPH Southerly cross wind, trust me on this.

Wow - sounds great - the last time I rode through the mountains was at night - love to see fields, snow, flowers

Oct Trips

Anyopne interested - I may go if anyone else wants to make a long weekend out of it

BMW MOA Announces New Regional Events July 27, 2008

http://www.bmwmoa.org/features/new_regional.htm

(August Owners News)
BMW MOA, MAX BMW, and Hunter Mountain's
Color in the Catskills
October 3 - 5, 2008
Hunter Mountain, New York

BMW MOA, BMW Motorrad's
Spartanburg Rides
October 10 - 12, 2008
Spartanburg, South Carolina​

I'm up for Fall Weekend Rides

But perhaps not quite that far away.

How about - IL August 22 - 24, 2008
11th Annual Galena Camp Out
Northern Illinois BMW Riders MOA #271
Northern Illinois BMW Riders MOA #271 Host their 11th Annual Galena Camp-out August 22, 23, 24th, 2008, at the Palace Campground. Rte. 20 West of Galena, Il. Friday night: Gather under the big tent for Chili & FixinsÔÇÖ followed by camp fire and fellowship. Saturday AM: Continental Wake Up! Share Coffee & Pastries while discussing Self Guided rides throughout the Galena territory. Campers are on their own for lunch at any of the local eateries. Saturday night: Famous Grilled Chicken and Brat dinner under the big tent. Later, relax with fellow campers by the fire and discuss the days ride. Sunday AM: Shared Coffee & Pastries while campers pack and say goodbye. Event Pre registration by August 10th -- $15.00. per person. Registration at the event-- $20.00. Information: 847-285-1664 RED86R80RTBMW@AOL.COM Camping and RV sites (not included in registration) available and are paid directly to Palace Campground. Fees/Directions: 815-777-2466, or www.PalaceCampground.com.

I'm in for this one for sure....:bottle :eat :bottle :drink

Sure -

I have a 4 man tent, I also have a new two man and a solo.... you could say that I'm overstocked in the tent department, no worries on this front.... ought to be a great ride.

Martin?

I have a 4 man tent, I also have a new two man and a solo.... you could say that I'm overstocked in the tent department, no worries on this front.... ought to be a great ride.

Martin?

Change of plans - looks as if I will be getting formal custody of my sons that week and it would not be right to not be home that weekend. I'm going to have to miss Galena.

Sorry.

On the otherhand - anyone up for a ride this Sunday

Friday eve a few of my buddies are riding up to Genoa City for the best fish boil around. Join us if you like. Leaving rt 60 and Fairfield rd around 6:30PM.

Re: Sunday the 10th

I can get out for a Sunday morning ride - need to be in Algonquin by 1:00pm, so earlier is better.

Back