• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Thinking of starting a riders group in Chicago 'burbs

Hey Marcin! The Givi hopped right on your Sprint no problem! Looking good.
Curt, let's see some pictures of that K.

OK you poseurs -

Just back from Gillette. Wyo.and the BMW Rally. 3444 miles in 9 days - drove in Wisconsin, Minnesota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Nebraska, Iowa and Illinois. Highest atitude ridden was 10,974 feet, amidst snow fields and blooming wildflowers - highest speed was 117MPH - open range encounters with herds of cattle and flocks of sheep... fortunately not at 117 MPH.

Broke a clutch cable and rode across 60 miles of high desert highways in 4th and 5th gears before finally killing the bike in Little America, Wyo. (Only in Wyoming can you go that far without stopping)

Fortunately Bob's BMW came through with a new cable the next day.

I-80 sucks at night with a 45 MPH Southerly cross wind, trust me on this.

I am back with a BMW 00' R1100RT $3000 below KBB.
CopyofIMG_2040.jpg

IMG_2055.jpg

IMG_2041.jpg

Yes it needs a bath BAD.:bikes

Last edited:
Just back from Gillette. Wyo.and the BMW Rally. 3444 miles in 9 days - drove in Wisconsin, Minnesota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Nebraska, Iowa and Illinois. Highest atitude ridden was 10,974 feet, amidst snow fields and blooming wildflowers - highest speed was 117MPH - open range encounters with herds of cattle and flocks of sheep... fortunately not at 117 MPH.

Broke a clutch cable and rode across 60 miles of high desert highways in 4th and 5th gears before finally killing the bike in Little America, Wyo. (Only in Wyoming can you go that far without stopping)

Fortunately Bob's BMW came through with a new cable the next day.

I-80 sucks at night with a 45 MPH Southerly cross wind, trust me on this.
Quite a ride! Pics?

Back