• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Thinking of starting a riders group in Chicago 'burbs

i got no sleep in last two days,plane,traine,bus,ferry,buss again,taxi and finlly got to thae church one hour before wedding.no riding yet but few red bulls and im ready.We got two bikes waiting for sunday morning ride.is not hot but mid 60s will do.I need to find cheap digital camera,my buget for this trip is very tight and AA lost my bag with my camera

Spcial thanx to AA for loosing my bag.(yes the one with my camera-bummer)

i think i be back tuesday night.

Still would rather be there than here
Have Fun!

Bike show

Beemer01, are you going? We could ride in my car and save on parking. Ghostrider, lets have that ride report!:lurk

Clearly too early to bring this up -

Anyone else from the Chicago Riders Group (CRG) planning on going to the National in Wyoming?

I'm going with a buddy - who, come to think of it, I'll draft to join this band of kindred souls - and are taking two days to get to Wyoming... and from there vector up into Montana and perhaps aim for Canada.

Taking back roads all the way!:dance

Anyone else from the Chicago Riders Group (CRG) planning on going to the National in Wyoming?

I'm going with a buddy - who, come to think of it, I'll draft to join this band of kindred souls - and are taking two days to get to Wyoming... and from there vector up into Montana and perhaps aim for Canada.

Taking back roads all the way!:dance

Gillette is still up in the air for me but good idea on bringing your buddy in

~ curt

Chuckle -

The only problem is that his BMW is in DC and his local bike is a Harley. Oh well if Ghostrider can show up to our first official meeting on a Kawa.... Thomas can ride a HD.

Chuckle -

He actually works in DC, but lives here commuting back and forth.

The Beemer was his sole year round transportation in our Nation's Capital... until last weekend when he totaled it.

No worries, a one piece Aerostitch with armor, a full face helmet and ABS saved him from more than bruises and stiffness. Bob's BMW has the remains now - and he is in the market for another K1200LT for the Wyoming trip.

The HD lives here in a heated garage. I think he needs to unload the 'something glide' and get a Chicago Beemer.:laugh

Going to Gillette

I'm going to the National. A buddy is "supposed" to tag along with me. I've got my routes planned except my return. Yellowstone and the Tetons are one of the key spots that I'll be visiting.

Regarding the Motorcycle show, I heard that Sat. is packed, it's good to go on Sunday. Somehow, Sat works better for me. I'm driving.

Chuckle -

I am somehow not surprised that you have the routes mapped out in great detail! We'll talk and you can figure on us riding along... couple of guys from Boston might be joining as well. Probably have a pre-ride bar-b-que at my place the night before we head out! :bar

Oh and Bik - make sure you socialize your carefully mapped out May route to Quincy and Missouri with the rest of the group for their approval!

Last edited:
Quincy ride

Bryan,

My main computer is out of commission for a short period as I await for the arrival of a new power supply. Then modifications, to ensure proper fit into the box.

I am waiting for some spare time to put everything together into one pdf file for easy access and reference by all. I have not forgotten.

Chicago IMS

I just got home from the International Motorcycle Show in Chicago. Saw some great looking bikes. Saw some old friends. Checked out some interesting things. Now it is snowing again and the temperature is dropping down to 3 degrees. I'm ready for a trip South to warmer weather. I have a bad case of PMS (Parked motorcycle syndrome). It is even too cold to work of the vintage stuff in the garage. Maybe it is a good time to start planning my summer rides.

Cold and snowy in Chicago

Becky

Becky, I feel your pain. Here are some pics from the show and a special thanks to Curt for getting the old people home for me. How is your underwear look after letting Martin drive your turbo?:whistle
show001.jpg

show002.jpg

show006.jpg

Back