• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Thinking of starting a riders group in Chicago 'burbs

Meet place for Friday, May 2nd

We can meet 7am for breakfast at

Three Brothers
1220 S Eastwood Dr
Woodstock, IL 60098
815-338-5606

(corner of Lake St. and Rt. 47, just north of US-14 and south of Rt. 120)

There's a gas station around the corner also. We fill our stomachs and gas tanks here.

We leave 8am.

Riding style

I've been asked what is the riding style. Well, safety first!!

Having said that, I think we should ride in what we are comfortable with. Some like to scrape the pegs while others shy away:bolt

Everyone should have a copy of the .pdf file that I sent earlier, if you don't have it, send me an email and I'll forward one. Curt and Bruce are the only one who've got the .gdb garmin file.

If someone wishes to in a much smaller group of their own, they can ride on their own as everyone knows the route, and we can meet at the breakfast to start the ride, and meet at the end at Quincy. Or we all ride together like a one big happy family.

I, ride within my own capabilities, and do not attempt to ride very fast on curves. If it rains, bring that a notch down.

I wish I could come -

:blush

This will be a fine ride, showcasing some very pretty Illinois land in the early spring. Everyone please ride within your limits - looking forward to a great ride report!:deal

Last edited:
Hey, I'm still in. :D
Are we camping or going to a motel/hotel and if the latter do we need reservations and where?
Yes I have the .gbd file but I have not loaded it yet as I'm still on Long Island.
I hope to see some of you this Sunday in Pecatonica!

Hotel/Camping

State park is 20 miles west of Quincy. Hotelling makes more sense. I called up to Comfort Inn, and the prevailing rates are $75/night ($$). Motel 6 ($) is available, but I didn't call. There are ($$$) hotels also.

So far, I have not made any reservations as we really don't have a real count. And after googling, I found there are plenty of hotel options, we could just do a walk-in's.

Weather - 10 day report

Bummber -- looks like next week May 2nd - May 4th, it is going to rain all day in Illinois and Missouri as per the weatherman. :bow

We can meet 7am for breakfast at

Three Brothers
1220 S Eastwood Dr
Woodstock, IL 60098
815-338-5606

(corner of Lake St. and Rt. 47, just north of US-14 and south of Rt. 120)

There's a gas station around the corner also. We fill our stomachs and gas tanks here.

We leave 8am.

7am in Woodstock? Can we do something a little further south?

Guy, I think I may be out of commission. I am seeing Orthopedic surgeon to provide prognosis on the loose knee. I am in the process of getting separate opinions.

Why now, why not in winter.:banghead

Guy, I think I may be out of commission. I am seeing Orthopedic surgeon to provide prognosis on the loose knee. I am in the process of getting separate opinions.

Why now, why not in winter.:banghead

Sorry to hear that Bik - how long would you be out?

New Plan

Lets regroup - what kind of group would we be if we let one missed ride let it all fall apart. Granted, physically we are falling apart :whistle Lets consider the 5/02 ride off and reschedule

A new approach:
  • Lets lay out a series of events and/or times to ride.
  • We then get together on the forum the day before every week every scheduled ride and do a roll call.
  • People committ then we ride. If not - there is next week.

Sound like a plan?

Any volunteers to put together a calender online? I know that I want to do the ride that Bik put together and the RA rally in June (I think). Personally, I have two off-road events (one in June and one in July) that I have paid for and committed. I know Martin is planning on Deal's Gap. Lets get those events up there and see who can come when and for what...

Rock on ~ Curt

Back