• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Thinking of starting a riders group in Chicago 'burbs

Sorry to hear that Bik - how long would you be out?

Well, I saw one doc last week, I'm supposed to see him this Thursday, but since I couldn't make the MRI appointment, that would be rescheduled. I am looking for the second opinion, probably at one of the university hospitals.

I think I'm nearing to wear just tension band around the knee on a regular basis till it gets fixed. After I saw the doc last week, he had to pull the knew few times to measure how loose, I think that kinda aggravated it a bit too.

Hoping that I could put some sort of high tension or a brace until then and ride the bike.:bikes

I am actively going to check out the rides, but will decide last minute whether to go or not, hence, I cannot as yet commit on a future date.:bikes

Good decision -

Turns out this weekend would have been a very bad weather situation. Rain was so bad down South that I pulled my vehicle off the road to let it ease - did see some drenched and miserable motorcyclists too.

Arkansas saw some pretty serious weather too.

Live to ride again.

We were shooting for Monroe but made it just to Janesville.
Yes, we were right to abort the weather south and west was just too spooky. I don't like hail, lightning or ice.
Hey, not too early to say "Say ya to da GR3, eh"? Weekend of the 16th, Soldiers Grove, Wi.

Can't do the 16th -

On the 14th I leave for Ontario's Quetico Wilderness area - on my bike. I'm packed and ready to leave - including my kevlar paddle. Gear, clothing and food for ten days in the panniers, top box and a portage pack strapped pillion.

I'll be riding 550 miles up and taking a canoe out for a ten day 110 mile loop ... returning on the 27th.

Should make for an interesting 'dual-sport' ride report.:bolt

ghostridery2k:

DUDE!

Awesome pics!
Great day!

I had my version of that day at the Slimy Crud Run near Baraboo, WI.

Sucks to be us eh?!?!?!? :eat

:D

Looky here, I got a Hardley!
SDavage650008.jpg

:dunno :laugh :lurk

Saturday morning ride

I am ready to ride for at least 4 hours tomorrow - meet up in the AM?

YO Cheeze

You're in Wisconsin? It looks like just me and a biker grandpa are goin for a ride out of Warrenville at 9 this morning, heading south/west.

Everyone else was leaving town. For a future ride in WI, would like to go through or camp the Wildcat Mountain area... maybe we should make a plan :)

Returned to Chicago after a RT to Ontario

Did 1262 miles in 3 days of riding - 547 the last day. Frost on the Beemer several times... ran like a champ though 85MPH across much of Wisconsin.

Motorcycle safety course next weekend.

Attachments

• P5140016.JPG
    P5140016.JPG
    1.4 KB · Views: 81
Back