• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Thinking of starting a riders group in Chicago 'burbs

2008 K1200gs

Oh........ this is a machine to lust after! :german

Anyone notice that all the Beemers at the show were fitted with the low seats? (Probably to avoid scaring away all the <6'0" potential customers.)

I just got home from the International Motorcycle Show in Chicago. Saw some great looking bikes. Saw some old friends. Checked out some interesting things. Now it is snowing again and the temperature is dropping down to 3 degrees. I'm ready for a trip South to warmer weather. I have a bad case of PMS (Parked motorcycle syndrome). It is even too cold to work of the vintage stuff in the garage. Maybe it is a good time to start planning my summer rides.

Cold and snowy in Chicago

Becky

Tell me about it ... I only got one of my two tires on my bike - too cold
You're welcome to join whatever rides we go on. I am hoping that once the ice is gone we can start riding again

Never too many bikes!

We had to take apart a bike to make room for the last bike we got. Not if but when we get more bikes, the hot tub will have to be moved to the outside. That will mean going outside in the cold:bolt very quickly. It is snowing again as I'm writing this. :violin Maybe we should all move to TX with Voni.

Becky

I'll stick here for now but I have to say this winter has bummed me more than any previous winter. (To be honest, last winter I'd just bought the RT and was back to riding and it was a relatively mild winter, at least in December as I recall riding first couple weeks of that month) Lots of cold and snow this year. More snow due tonight and tomorrow. But . . . . only 5 - 6 weeks more of this and we're back at it! Find my happy place, find my happy place!!!!

Now I have the F800ST and the RT and the 'ol Piaggio ET4 and they sit in the garage and whenever I'm out there I think they're laughing at me. So i get a real ugly look on my face and threaten not to rotate the battery chargers. They shut right up.
Geez, I need to ride!

So Who Is Up For A Ride In First Week Of April To Mississippi?

One of the things I like about you Martin is you will ride in darned near any weather. Scares the heck outta me but you are inspiring. Let's keep an eye on the weather and keep in touch as the fourth month draws near, I could be up for it.

Hey, how was the trip? Pictures!!!!

ok
apr4-6 dogwood rally edwards,mississippi apr 804 miles from vernon hills,il
apr20 wild goose run beaver dam,wi 122 miles
apr 27 bmw flea market near rakford il apr 80 miles
may2-4 bmw mini rally sturgis,mi >>>>i know we plan to go for ride to peoria aera but rally:scratch
just couple ideas for feew rides,for me all will work just fine

I can't do the dogwood rally. I will just be coming back from a bike trip overseas and well... my wife is prettier :laugh

I can make the BMW Flea market and the mini rally

The season always kicks off with Pecatonica, doesn't it?
(That's the flea market, btw, yup I'll make that one. That was my first.)
All depending on our fickle weather, I don't like ice.

Last edited:
Whatever you do, DO NOT let Martin park his Mustang in your driveway. It is the little Exxon Valdez.:nono

Back