• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Thinking of starting a riders group in Chicago 'burbs

Iron Butt

Not. 400 miles a day is about my reasonable limit. Therefore 3 - 4 days for the Lake Michigan loop?:type

See you tomorrow evening!

I'll be driving the 323i cage.

Options

We could go a bit further north once we get to Houghton. We can stay in some hotel for a night in Houghton during the BMWRA rally.

Attachments

• UP Extension 1.jpg
    UP Extension 1.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 91
Option

Coming down through Central WI. It adds about 100 miles more to the trip.

Attachments

• UP Extension 2 (Large).jpg
    UP Extension 2 (Large).jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 91
Who's Coming?

Who's coming tonight?

I'll be driving my fine rental ... a power blue dodge something - calibur I think.
Plus wearing a green bmw motorrad jacket

I know a few of have committed - anyone else?

Who's coming tonight?

I'll be driving my fine rental ... a power blue dodge something - calibur I think.
Plus wearing a green bmw motorrad jacket

I know a few of have committed - anyone else?

You are kidding, right? OU812 and your's truly, at very least.

First Meeting

Better turnout than I expected.

241802194-XL.jpg

L to R: Beemer01, uncutshirt, wezul, ghostridery2k, Montauk, JCabranes and Kristin.

241802105-XL.jpg

Maps and menus, gotta love it.

241802081-XL.jpg

OU812 amused by . . . something! :laugh

241802154-XL.jpg

ghostridery2k and Montauk consider possible routes.

A good beginning, looks like we'll be doing a first group ride in May, thank you all for participating.

Watching the weather, I think we can do it. Bob, I thought your bike was torn down? You probably have more then one.;)

Ride report -

Grey and chilly, but thankfully electric vests (and in the case of Ghostrider electric gloves and in the case of OU812 being encased in LT level Tupperware and an electric vest).

Inch of so of snow on the ground and roads in Wisconsin - 75 mile trip for me, Curt, we apologize for the missed signals, Montauk understand completely ... we will repeat soon!

When is Spring?

Here are the 2 pics I took today. Lame I know, but too busy shivering.
MOA32003.jpg

MOA32002.jpg

I did almost 100 miles. Better than nuttin!:brad

Back