Page 70 of 75 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1123

Thread: Thinking of starting a riders group in Chicago 'burbs

Bob T
    Heading out in about 30 minutes...breakfast with my sister and then we will go from there for a bit...

Winds are suppose to pick up after noon...I just hate riding in high winds...

Did 350 miles yesterday,just to see if i could after being sickly most of the winter.Was pretty tired when i got home,but not any worse than the first ride usually brings..Ed
    Ed Baker

Good ride. Down to the Little Red Schoolhouse area. Run around the Saganashkee, over to Lemont and home again.
    All bikes up and running. Will need to visit a dealer and get the periodic maintenance done. Then good to go!

Did well over 150 miles yesterday and at some points could really feel the wind gusts moving my bike around.

Out the door at 5:30am, down the Eisenhower to Lake Shore Drive and that is where I could really feel the wind. On and off LSD up to Hollywood for breakfast and the Shuffle and then back on expressways out to DeKalb and finally back to Downers Grove.

Nice ride but at some points the wind was pretty bad.
    2004 BMW 1150RT
    Secretary--Chicago Region BMW Owners Association.

The F8ST did quite well in the wind, I was surprised. I guess it presents a smaller profile than my RT. In a crosswind it was quite stable. Surprisingly the most bouncing I got was when I was headed into the wind.
    Sure did feel good to be riding again.

ghostridery2k
    Quote Originally Posted by wezul View Post
    The F8ST did quite well in the wind, I was surprised. I guess it presents a smaller profile than my RT. In a crosswind it was quite stable. Surprisingly the most bouncing I got was when I was headed into the wind.
    Sure did feel good to be riding again.
    I always liked smaller bikes in the wind,i like them under 500#with lower stand so they don't work like sailboats.Another think i noticed when riding Rt is when windshield was up felt like a tug boat trying fight the wind.All RT's with cupping of the front tire are caused by the weight of the wind pushing the tall windscreen down(wing/spoiler effect).You will be surprised how much is changed when a larger screen is used.At 70 mph you can double the down force on your front tire.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostridery2k View Post
    You will be surprised how much is changed when a larger screen is used. At 70 mph you can double the down force on your front tire.
    Heya Martin!

I will let you know. Just popped a Cee Bailey + 2 on the RT last weekend. Definitely changes airflow over the top.

ghostridery2k
    Quote Originally Posted by wezul View Post
    Heya Martin!

I will let you know. Just popped a Cee Bailey + 2 on the RT last weekend. Definitely changes airflow over the top.
    On my tiger when i went from stock to cee bailey i noticed allot down force and more grip in speeds over 55.when using my other screen with adjustable spoiler i can tune my front end traction(all those in higher speeds)Running tall windshield front tire pressure should be increased,at list i do with good results in performance.

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND..
    I managed 385 miles Sat. Worked Sunday....

HoneyDo list killed me on Sunday. Rolled the tanker out on the driveway and had a few people stop and talk.

ghostridery2k
    I got a no time to ride at the moment but i will try to get out on the bike this weekend.
    To many bikes to get ready and everyone wants it "now".

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND..
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostridery2k View Post
    I got a no time to ride at the moment but i will try to get out on the bike this weekend.
    To many bikes to get ready and everyone wants it "now".
    That is a good thing, right?

ghostridery2k
    Quote Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
    That is a good thing, right?
    Everyone want's their bikes fixed yesterday.

Coming for a pizza thing tonight Steve?

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND..
    I am out till 5/4. Hope I don't miss anything REALLY good!

ghostridery2k
    So,who pissed off the weather man this morning?????