• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Show us your bike

Tell us about that CBX if you'd like. I love those things, particularly the early, naked ones.

My old one next to my new one.
Just wanted to see if I could post a photo.

Attachments

• two bikes left side.jpg
    two bikes left side.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 223
Old and New:

No pics yet, but(t) I just set up a buy on a friend's '83 R100RS.

It needs the motor put back together (top end) and has the stock Smoke Red paint that is slightly tired.

I'll go through it and possibly paint it in an R90S smoke silver/black scheme. Not sure yet.

If I do, and it turns out, maybe I'll follow through with the paint scheme on the '04 R1150RS.

Life is good. Right now, anyway.

Attachments

• rightmayer.jpg
    rightmayer.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 212
I had an '83 RS and they came in that Alaska blue and a kind of neat Gray color. I think the Smoke Red was on the S version.

Mine was Alaska Blue and I still miss it. Damn.

The S bike might be leaving real soon now too.

On My way to the Party

What better way to carry beer than on a GS!:beer

Attachments

• keg2.jpg
    keg2.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 281
Hey GSGIRL,

My house is the other way :):

There's no finer way to transport a beer than
bungied to the back of the bike!

ian

Hey Kbasa!:wave

Figured I'd take a break from ADVrider and see what's happening over here. Those guys are boring!:D

Hope you are having fun out there. It sucks out here! Snow, Sleet and rain. Not conducive to riding. Although yesterday I managed to sneak out on a spanking new R1150RT-P police bike. Holy crap - That thing ROCKS! The tranny of a GS and the pickup to boot. YEEHAA!

Hello gsgirl,

BMW saddlebags make for great coolers. Just add ice. In case you want to transport anything other than a Bubba of beer (mother's milk for bikers).

Enjoying a beer myself (well OK more than one). Bike battery is charged and nowhere to go...

If hell is warm than why is winter cold?

My 2 rides

Here is the first of my 2 rides....K1200LT. This was taken last summer near Mora, NM south of Angel Fire.

Attachments

• moranm2.jpg
    moranm2.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 239
Re: My 2 rides

Bob W said:
Here is the first of my 2 rides....K1200LT.
Here is the other....'00 Honda XR650R. I'm in the process of making it a dual sport....almost done.
I've thought about selling both bikes and getting a GS. It would be easier to maintain 1 bike than 2, less cost in insurance, tags, etc. But, then it is nice to have choices too.....decisions?!!!!!!

Attachments

• xr650r.jpg
    xr650r.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 242
My 1986 K75(S)

Near the beginning leg of my 3600 mile trip across the US. This was taken at the Hoover Dam.

Attachments

• k75(s)2.jpg
    k75(s)2.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 140
Re: Re: My 1986 K75(S)

knary said:
What color is that?

It's supposed to be a BMW color called Tangerine Orange. To me it looks more like Highway Strip/Sign Yellow.

I like it though, and usually receive very favorable comments from strangers.

Jim

Re: Re: Re: My 1986 K75(S)

JimVonBaden said:
It's supposed to be a BMW color called Tangerine Orange. To me it looks more like Highway Strip/Sign Yellow.

I like it though, and usually receive very favorable comments from strangers.

Jim

In a few shots it looked more yellow and thought it might be more like the BMW dakar yellow.

here's a not so great shot of my old yellow (Dakar 2) K...
03_bike_coast.jpg

Back