• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Show us your bike

First things first

1. Congrats to HackyMoto on the fine stoppie. How did you take the picture of yourself?
2. Thanks to Molson Dog for sending the warm front of 40 degrees over the Big Lake to us. I was able to put some quick miles on Julie's 750 Monster, but the rain started coming too fast for me to get the Rockster out. (I don't mind rain in the summer, but I can't get too excited about going out in it at 40 degrees. Sure, call me a pussy....)

Been lurking for a while. But never posted the pix...

Here they are:

From the San Mateo County coast line, the RT

896567-M-1.jpg

From Ca??ada College parking lot, the GS

1856663-M.jpg

Ian

boxergrrlie said:
:jawdrop
Wow! Gorgeous. Especially the older ones....
They are a blast to ride! Of course, the R90S is practically a modern bike, but the low, black bikes require a lot more rider involvement.

Except for the R12, which still needs work (it's up on the lift and the forks are spread across my workbench), they're all riders. I hope to make the R12 a rider, too. The /2 and /3 have both been on multiday trips, rallies and campouts.

On a two day trip this past year to the Hanford Swap Meet:
cwr002.jpg

From the 2000 49er rally:
P5270003cropmed.jpg

P5270009med.jpg

Re: To Darryl,

magwa said:
Or whatever your *real* name is,

Kiss my butt.
Mags, now that you've got that feelthy low rider truck running, why don't you bring something home in it to work on? ;-)

DarrylRi said:
They are a blast to ride!
Cool that you ride them. LOVE the 'On a two day trip this past year to the Hanford Swap Meet' picture...

Here is the GS, before Micatech Bags. The newly aquired VFR is still being camera shy. Or maybe it is too fast to catch on film...

Attachments

• motorbike1small.jpg
    motorbike1small.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 293
Gulp.....

Hey Cliffy, does this mean I have to get out?

No Darryl - I believe you qualify as a dealership (or as a Bike Show) either of which exempts you from the rules n regs.
good lord, what an impressive fleet. thanks for the pics

boxergrrlie said:
Cool that you ride them. LOVE the 'On a two day trip this past year to the Hanford Swap Meet' picture...
Yeah, I printed that picture out and have it in a frame on a bookshelf.

If ya don't ride 'em, what good are they?

If you catch me at a rally, ask me about the time I passed a 916 on the /2, and kept him passed for about 20 miles.

;-)

Re: Gulp.....

Cliffy777 said:
Hey Cliffy, does this mean I have to get out?

No Darryl - I believe you qualify as a dealership (or as a Bike Show) either of which exempts you from the rules n regs.
good lord, what an impressive fleet. thanks for the pics
No dealership... none are for sale. And not a show, they all have too much road grime for that.

But come over in April and see a lot of airhead and vintage bikes at the Tech Day I'm hosting.

Hey Darryl

You have a great website (home page).
Everybody should go snoop around. I enjoyed the marvelous architecture from your Europen trip. (Thank God there was the beauty of a Dunkin Donuts to break up all the humdrum!)
You had some great shots of sidecars - really liked the custom one with wood trim in the trip to bike week series.

Re: Hey Darryl

Cliffy777 said:
You have a great website (home page).
Everybody should go snoop around. I enjoyed the marvelous architecture from your Europen trip. (Thank God there was the beauty of a Dunkin Donuts to break up all the humdrum!)
Thanks. I've been working to put some words against all the photos I've taken in the last few years. It would be nice to have some kind of clue as to what you're looking at in all those shots.

The Dunkin' Donuts was in Barcelona, Spain, and it made me think of Kbasa, who has indicated that he misses them from Bahston.

You had some great shots of sidecars - really liked the custom one with wood trim in the trip to bike week series.
It's funny because I'm not really much interested in them. My friend Steve, up in Seattle, however, has always had one and really enjoys them. So sometimes when I see something interesting, I grab a shot for him. Like the leanable hacked GS that has to be put on its sidestand to be parked that I saw in Schwetzingen, Germany. (Click the pic to go to my vacation snapshots.)
/

Back