• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Show us your bike

Rock On Misterpink

"I'm new here...just bought this 2004 Rockster less than a week ago to share the garage with my 20 year old Kawasaki KLR600. I can't stop going out to look at it... "

Welcome to the club. Rocksters rule.....(well, okay how about "Rocksters wield an inordinate amount of bitchen-ness"?)
Excellent choice in a bike my friend.
And do you know what my home computer screen saver is? A Kaw KLR 650 on account of that is the desire of my heart for the next bike (if I ever have two at once....)

Roadster vs. Rockster

I sat on both at an open house last month. Have to admit at my advanced age, 40!, the Rockster's bars are a bit too forward. Other than the bars, headlights and paint are there any other differences? I love then both but that's because I'm a naked bike fan. I'm riding a R1100R. Would like to see some pics with aftermarket bikini or cafe fairings.

MarkF

Re: Roadster vs. Rockster

MarkF said:
I sat on both at an open house last month. Have to admit at my advanced age, 40!, the Rockster's bars are a bit too forward. Other than the bars, headlights and paint are there any other differences? I love then both but that's because I'm a naked bike fan. I'm riding a R1100R. Would like to see some pics with aftermarket bikini or cafe fairings.

MarkF

The Rockster has self cancelling turn signals because it has the S bike instruments. It has an S bike front end and, from what I can tell, has S bike shocks and ride height.

Rockster stuff

KBasa said:
Welcome aboard! Are you a Tarantino fan?

Thanks for the welcome! Yeah...Reservoir Dogs is one of my favorites and in a similar vein so are "Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrells" (Guy Ritchie) and "Killing Zoe" (?).

Re: Rock On Misterpink

Cliffy777 said:
And do you know what my home computer screen saver is? A Kaw KLR 650 on account of that is the desire of my heart for the next bike (if I ever have two at once....)

Yeah, I really like the 600...I thought long and hard about buying a new KLR650 instead of the Rockster but theres really no comparison.

C R Valley's '98 K1200RS

This is the day of little baby K's arrival on 12/7/03. He had just had his first ride with his new owner from Santa Rosa to San Mateo...

Attachments

• mvc-019s.jpg
    mvc-019s.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 360
Last edited:
How did you fake us out?

Wow - I was amazed at the way C R was able to doctor up his photo so it would look like the sun was shining on December 8th. We all know that we shan't see the sun until May or something.
How did you do it?? Photoshop?
Congrats on the new bike and for living somewhere you can ride all year. Just make sure you post some shots that are all gray and rainy, would you?
(my goal is to ride SOME in every month - even if it is just the 10 miles to work. hmmmmm February????)

Re: C R Valley's '98 K1200RS

crvalley said:
This is the day of little baby K's arrival on 12/7/03. He had just had his first ride with his new owner from Santa Rosa to San Mateo...

Welcome to the... Dark Side.

Pops around the horn!

As a new parent, I am truly touched by the outpouring of support from my fellow riders...truly touched...

I smoke a cigar in your honor, and will post an updated photo of my new arrival when he is fitted with his new Sargent seat, system bags, rear sport rack, and long shield, not to mention a good bath...

The fun has just begun...

"When he is fitted with his new..."

Dude, is your bike a guy? when did they switch genders at the plant? does it have anything to do with the dual plug? (sounds like a movie i saw once...)
I was operating on the assumption that me Rocksta was a female, but I am heading right out to the garage for a good look under the paralever......

OK, here is my latest ride. 2004 R1150 GSP :D
2004gs.jpg

Last edited:
Gotta ask?

Cliffy

Vail sits on the map just about 6-8 miles southeast of Tucson......... In reality if the developers have their way, it will all be one big metropolitan area............:cry

Still for the moment it makes for a nice place to jump off and ride most of southeast Arizona, and the weather for riding is great this time of year :D

Last time I was out there it was

one giant development! I love Tucson and the surrounding area. Lived there as a kid and my mom is still there. Awesome gem show in February - we hope to make it there for the show in 2005.
Happy riding.

Back