Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Photo Assignment: Weekend 11/10/07

grossjohann
    I think this is a great shot. It's hard to take these without getting the lens wet, and the slow shutter speed (needed for the low light and great for showing water in motion) probably warrants use of a tripod.

If there was no danger of wetting the lens, then I may have tried to aim the camera up at the chain. It may have been interesting to see the water cascading down past the focal point. If you have some others, maybe you could post them on the ÔÇ£anarchyÔÇØ thread for comparison?

I hope you don't mind. I couldnt resist some minor photoshop color and contrast adjustment Threw in some focus adjustment for reference.

Nice post, Dave!

-Alex

Harmony. Here's Deryle again, only this time with his mouth not quite so wide open!

O.k., so it ain't a great photo, but it does illustrate "harmony" of a sort.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jeff Dean − Tucson, Arizona − BMW MOA Co-founder (1972)
    http://bmwdean.com/2014-r1200rt.htm − MSF Chief Instructor (1994)
    Friend of the Marque (1999) − Prof. Gerhard Knochlein BMW Classic Award (2013)
    2015 & 2007 R1200RTs, R60/2s, R67/3, R51/3 ↔ 1949 R24

Quote Originally Posted by KBasa View Post
    I had a hard time figuring out how to frame this one and still am not happy with it.

Wow. You're being a little hard on yourself. This is a sweet shot and a rather tough one to technically pull off. Nice composition, love the soft focus caused by the longer exposure and the lighting is A+. Stunning in its own way.
    Ben Ricci

Rides & Drives: '07 BMW F800ST Low, '07 Porsche Cayman, '06 VW Jetta TDI & '05 BMW R1200ST

An Airhead, Oilhead and K-Bike in harmony at the Harmony Borax works Death Valley.
    Last edited by widebmw; 02-26-2008 at 08:14 PM.

My two submissions for the week. Shot these "found compositions" at a Tech Day on Saturday. Like Rocketman, I did crop these (a little) while resizing them for uploading--no other edits, though. I can think of a couple of things I would have done differently had I taken the time to make a more serious effort, but this week I'll wait and see if Tom agrees.

Ben Ricci

Rides & Drives: '07 BMW F800ST Low, '07 Porsche Cayman, '06 VW Jetta TDI & '05 BMW R1200ST

RandallIsland
    An entire set of digits:

grossjohann
    Quote Originally Posted by RandallIsland View Post
    An entire set of digits:
    Ouch!!!

grossjohann

Metaphors For The Musician

Last edited by grossjohann; 01-20-2008 at 02:56 AM. Reason: Image lost when thread moved to Photography Forum

grossjohann

Piano Smasher

Last edited by grossjohann; 01-20-2008 at 02:56 AM. Reason: Image lost when thread moved to Photography Forum

grossjohann

Tickle Me Ivories

Last edited by grossjohann; 01-20-2008 at 02:57 AM. Reason: Image lost when thread moved to Photography Forum

RandallIsland
    Quote Originally Posted by grossjohann View Post
    Gorgeous child. Stunner.

grossjohann
    Thanks! SheÔÇÖs a pip!

Stuff2c
    I don't know, but there must be something harmonious about this.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Harmony

Yes the pride of Milwaukee and the Black Forest can live together in harmony. Here they are nuzzled up against one another in my driveway. In the garage they are well behaved and I hardly ever have to seperate them! Although the Ultra is a little jealous of the electric windshield, and the RT of the HD's Chrome. Sibling rivalry, what are you going to do?

Bob Rippy
    IBA #451
    Tour of Honor Missouri State Sponsor
    14 R1200RT (currently parked) 07 R1200RT

Harmony...OH

This was the only Harmony that I could find...

Harmony, OH
    National Road, E of Springfield, OH

JEF
    Cinti, OH