Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Photo Assignment: Weekend 11/10/07

Quote Originally Posted by lamble View Post
    How did you know I'm kept in a box all week and only let out at weekends?

You may have hit on why I prefer it too. It's less 'obvious' than the colour image, which 'gives it all away' immediately. Yep that's probably it. Now back in the box.
    I can't tell (no smilies or "frownies"), but I hope my comment didn't offend you. If so, I apologize and ask you to forgive me. For clarification I was speaking about all of the photos posted thus far being in one manner or another "in the box." No one yet, in my humble opinion, has pushed the boundaries technically or aesthetically in a single image and I thought your shot was a highly artistic, yet successful intrepretation.

(For safety and comfort sake, I think from here on I'll keep my thoughts to myself.)
    Ben Ricci

Rides & Drives: '07 BMW F800ST Low, '07 Porsche Cayman, '06 VW Jetta TDI & '05 BMW R1200ST

Quote Originally Posted by bricciphoto View Post
    (For safety and comfort sake, I think from here on I'll keep my thoughts to myself.)

No. Please continue to share. We all are richer for it.

Voni
    sMiling
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million BMW sMiles

grossjohann
    For safety and comfort sake, I think from here on I'll keep my thoughts to myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voni View Post
    No. Please continue to share. We all are richer for it.
    I'm with Voni, Ben. Part of the fun is in the critique. How are we to see otherÔÇÖs perspectives if we arenÔÇÖt aware of them? Feedback should be positive when possible, but above-all it should be genuinely intended to improve the photography.

rocketman
    Quote Originally Posted by grossjohann View Post

Hmmmm, again this week we have some great entries. As someone else stated, I too was thinking that due to the lack of early entries that people were having difficultly finding appropriate subject matter for this assignment, but that now seems not to be the case.

For me the above is my favorite, (with the hand being a close second) the lighting and composition really jumped out at me, I love the way the keyboard draws the viewer into the frame to girl's fingers which almost appear to be buried in the keys as if "melded" to them and the way that takes the viewer up to her face. One really gets a sense of Harmony and Connection, as though the musician and instrument are indeed one. the orange tint to the whole adds softness and mutes the lighting and really helps set the overall mood, one really gets the sense of the concentration of the musician and her involvement with the instrument, I can almost hear the notes being played and reverberating about the space within the shot.

Very Nicely done!

RM

SNC1923
    How do you embed your EXIF data as a link?
    First, you need to paste in your image:

[IMG]*http://SNC1923.smugmug.com/photos/220787585-L.jpg[/IMG]

You then need to copy the EXIF info. To do that (in SmugMug, press "exif." When the window opens, click on and copy the exif link. Paste that information inside "URL" anchors:

[*URL]http://snc1923.smugmug.com/photos/newexif.mg?ImageID=220787585[*/URL]

You then place image link embedded within:

[*URL=http://snc1923.smugmug.com/photos/newexif.mg?ImageID=220787585*][*IMG]http://SNC1923.smugmug.com/photos/220787585-L.jpg[*/IMG][*/URL]

I've used asterisks to show the code. Remove them and the result, an image linked to your EXIF data, looks like this:

I learned this from the Andy, the house pro at SmugMug. To read his more lucid explanation, click here.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerTeam View Post

Harmony
    Lakeside Park
    Fond Du Lac, WI

Hit F11 for Full Screen
    This has to be my favorite this week. I really like the way the white and blue of the bike are exactly replicated on the Holiday decorations in the background. Perfect harmony with the two main subjects.

Thanks to everyone for their posts this week. This has become my favorite "Go-To" thread.

Sue Rihn #43753
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    It's Billings in 2015! #BeTheAdventure
    Sometimes it's the bend in the road that makes life worth the ride.

SNC1923
    In addition to thanking everyone for posting their great photos this week, I'd like to also thank the multiple voices offering such insightful commentaries.

Great stuff.

rocketman

sometimes dyslexia can be fun...

Quote Originally Posted by SNC1923 View Post
    In addition to thanking everyone for posting their great photos this week, I'd like to also thank the multiple voices offering such insightful commentaries.

Great stuff.
    While it is generally a real pain, sometimes the results of suffering from dyslexia can be pretty humorous as when I read the above comment, at first glance the word "insightful" came across as "insipid"! I had to do a double take, WHAT?? That certainly doesn't sound like something Tom would say!!??? Then on a second reading I saw it was ÔÇ£insightfulÔÇØ NOT ÔÇ£insipidÔÇØ! Boy, was THAT a relief!

Ha Ha!!!

Too Funny!

RM

offence?

I can't tell (no smilies or "frownies"), but I hope my comment didn't offend you. If so, I apologize and ask you to forgive me. For clarification I was speaking about all of the photos posted thus far being in one manner or another "in the box." No one yet, in my humble opinion, has pushed the boundaries technically or aesthetically in a single image and I thought your shot was a highly artistic, yet successful intrepretation.

You are apologizing because you actually do believe I live in a box?

Of course it's a joke, I actually live in a cupboard where I have three shelves all to myself and am only let out on alternate weekends!

No offence taken, or even considered.

coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by Rapid_Roy View Post
    I have the theme, and the subjects. I just couldn't find a good setup.

The Harmony of a great flight crew, a good conduct ribbon, and the flak that could have ended my fathers life. He is one of the "Boys from Bungay."
    RR, Bungay in Essex?

I lived near there. What squadron was he with?

Jeez, I love these threads.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

RR, Bungay in Essex?

I lived near there. What squadron was he with?
    He flew with the 446th Bombers group and the 389th, as a Left Waist Gunner.

His plane was the Rough Buddy. After he flew 30 missions, he was transferred off that plane. On a mission soon after that, it was shot down with all hands on board.
    They flew in the lead on every mission, and he was on the plane that had the radar on it. He has some great stories. Like how they referred to Ladies of ill repute as Picadilly Commandos. At first, Americans were Overpaid, oversexed and over here, but once the Yanks started buying rounds for their English buddies, friendships soon formed. I have heard there is a museum over there for the men of the 446 Bombers group. I would like to see it someday. If you have any relatives that could take pictures even, my dad would probably like to see them.
    19 BMWMOA Nationals under my belt, and I have no idea what I am doing.

View from my box!!!!

Obviously I was just trying to elevate my status by saying I had a cupboard!

Please note the styrofoam furniture...I call them scatter cushions.
    Anyone want to visit?

photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapid_Roy View Post
    He flew with the 446th Bombers group and the 389th, as a Left Waist Gunner.

His plane was the Rough Buddy. After he flew 30 missions, he was transferred off that plane. On a mission soon after that, it was shot down with all hands on board.
    They flew in the lead on every mission, and he was on the plane that had the radar on it. He has some great stories. Like how they referred to Ladies of ill repute as Picadilly Commandos. At first, Americans were Overpaid, oversexed and over here, but once the Yanks started buying rounds for their English buddies, friendships soon formed. I have heard there is a museum over there for the men of the 446 Bombers group. I would like to see it someday. If you have any relatives that could take pictures even, my dad would probably like to see them.

That was my thinking too. I'll see if I can get someone to pay a visit...no promises tough as I can't commit other folk on their behalf. Let's see what we can do.

rocketman

Obviously I was just trying to elevate my status by saying I had a cupboard!

Please note the styrofoam furniture...I call them scatter cushions.
    Anyone want to visit?

very nice! I see you even have a patio with a view! I'm SO jelious.

RM