Thread: Mexico

p59greene

Mexico

Does anyone have any advice for someone contemplating riding to the yucatan peninsula ?

Do it. I drove there in my pickup truck in 1998 and if I had the time I would ride there in a heartbeat.
    Stephen Burns - 2007 R1200GS
    BMW MOA Lifetime Member
    www.burnsmoto.com

Certifiable Old Fart beemerdons's Avatar

p59greene: When are you going? Hopefully, not until spring when they rebuild Yucatan

Statdawg provided you with some excellent resources, the same data bases that I use for my trips to Mexico. For your information, Ruben Tenorio's e-mail address is rtenorio@prodigy.net.mx and he is a wonderful gentleman that will assist you.

Burnszilla shares my sentiment that I'd ride there in a heartbeat, but I hope that you aren't planning on riding down until April. The storm ravaging the Yucatan has literally wiped out the Mexican State of Tabasco - it'll take 4 months to rebuild.

The recent notice out of Villahermosa really caught my attention, the crocodiles have swum to the zocalo in ciudad centro and are attacking livestock and people.

I just returned from Barrancas del Cobre in Chihuahua and forded the Rio Urique a number of times; only trucha in that stream, imagine a crocodile coming at you!

Try the fried grasshoppers. Seriously.
    2012 R1200GS

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

Unavailable for comment
    Quote Originally Posted by Beemerdons View Post
    Statdawg provided you with some excellent resources, the same data bases that I use for my trips to Mexico. For your information, Ruben Tenorio's e-mail address is rtenorio@prodigy.net.mx and he is a wonderful gentleman that will assist you.

Burnszilla shares my sentiment that I'd ride there in a heartbeat, but I hope that you aren't planning on riding down until April. The storm ravaging the Yucatan has literally wiped out the Mexican State of Tabasco - it'll take 4 months to rebuild.

The recent notice out of Villahermosa really caught my attention, the crocodiles have swum to the zocalo in ciudad centro and are attacking livestock and people.

I just returned from Barrancas del Cobre in Chihuahua and forded the Rio Urique a number of times; only trucha in that stream, imagine a crocodile coming at you!
    No one said we can't eat the crocodiles! They're tasty. Really, and fried grasshoppers and street food (as long as it's piping hot).

Regards,

Randy Kasal