• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

First Gear Kilimanjaro Air Jacket

Will answer my own question as I just purchased one. Its a lighter version of the Kilamanjaro with some mesh to allow air to flow in warm weather. It has a removable waterproof liner for wet and cold conditons. Have ridden a few hundred miles with it and like it so far, don't know if it will be good in really hot weather but I have another lighter mesh jacket for that.

Another follow up on this jacket. Just got back from a long trip and rode in temps from 40 to 85. Wore the liner with the jacket up into the 70's and was quite comfortable. Took off the liner in the mid 70's and was comfortable into the mid 80's. Think this jacket and liner is a good product.

Is it possible to get waterproof gloves underneath the sleeves of the waterproof liner?

I've got a BMW Savannah II jacket and liner, which I'm very happy with, but I've stopped using the liner and carry a Frogg Toggs jacket instead so that if I run into rain, the water doesn't run down my sleeves into my waterproof gloves.

The liner has elastic at the end of the sleeves so it looks like it would fit over gloves. I use First Gear Master waterproof gloves which got a good test for a few hours, I also use the Frogg Toggs jacket and tuck the ends of my gloves under the sleeve ends.

Back