• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Tool kit recomendations?

So is this thread about washing or tool kits??
As for washing, what's that? Isn't that what riding in the rain is for? Besides a nice coating of oil with a little layer of dirt over it protects the finish and prevents rust! The most you wash it, the faster it gets dirty, I figure it can only get *so* dirty then any more dirt will just fall off. :p

As for the the other part of the thread:

Besides stuff already mentioned I keep the following items with me

Bailing wire
Electrical tape
Several lengths of electrical wire in the two main gages used on my bike
Fuses
Fuel line cut to longest length of line on the bike
Several different sizes hose clamps
Extra set of plugs
Socket wrench and sockets in most used sizes, plus some hex head (?) sockets
A bag of nuts, washers and bolts in most common sizes

Believe it or not, it all fits in the tool carrier that I swap between my /5 and /7

I also carry a light weight tarp, ties downs (for tarp) 4 pegs, GPS and rain suit on any day long rides. Living where I do, VA and spending as much time on back roads in areas that are sparsely populated (for the my area) esp. in WV and the fact that we often get some pretty bad thunder storms, esp during summer, I find it handy to have something to throw over the bike and stretch out into a little lean to wait out a really bad storm. Trying to ride thru mountains when itÔÇÖs pitch black in pouring rain just ainÔÇÖt worth it. Takes all of 3 minutes to set something up and the storms generally donÔÇÖt last that long, least the worst part.

Oh yeah, and a collapsible fishing pole and small tackle box in the fairing of my /7, or the tank bag when I'm on the /5. You never know when the perfect little stream might pop into view.
:D

Back