• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2008 Gillette National - attending or not?

2008 Gillette National - Attending, not attending, not sure?

• Attending

Votes: 138 52.1%
  • Not Attending

Votes: 64 24.2%
  • Not sure yet.....

Votes: 63 23.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Local rallies offer much more bang for the buck...and a lot more fun quotient, all things considered. In the end, all you lose is access to vendors.

It all changes when you start making friends with people that live elsewhere in the country. The local rallies are good, but the national brings together friends that might not see each other without it.

I'm going and will be riding thru Jackson(Tetons) then Yellowstone, Cody onto Gillette. After the rally is over I will be heading up into Montana and towards Glacier National Park:dance

Any one want to buddy up just let me know....

I cant belive some people are complaining about the Rally being held in Gillette, the country up here is a site to see. I could spend all summer riding around Wy,Mt,Id......

Rally attendance

I'll see y'all there....coming up from Florida. I plan on volunteering as well. Anthony M. 124934

Gillette Rally

Paul: you might want to change the 38,000 to 40,000 plus which I am sure someone has already stated.
The Kiltmeister will be in attendance with a new hat especially for the rally - how do I put them fancy frilly things on a kilt???
:dance

Based on this poll this will be the most attended MOA rally ever.

53% of the 38,000 membership will be over 20,000 attendees. Wow!

Or maybe on-line polls don't tell the real story??

Just wondering!

Palmdale to Gillette

Vacation days already set, planning & prep under way, looking for F650 Chain Gang Inmates or other riders from So Cal area to join in the trek starting on July 12th.
JoeDakar, 01 F650GSD, '09 800GS on order

Rally

Flying solo from Oakville, Ontario July 13, hope I will start running into people Day 2-3 Minnesota > South Dakota
First Rally, First BMW - all good

moa RALLY

i'll be attending! i got time off from work so i'm trailering with a friend of mine out to Wyoming (from New jersey!), only bad news is i dont 'have a bmw anymore (now an FJR1300) so i hope they let me in!

Rich

08 rally

I'll be there...short trip from Fargo, ND to Gillette! Can't wait to ride the Bighorns and the Beartooth Pass again, been too long since I've been out there.

Gillette

Going SSMarie > Duluth > Mitchell > Gillette
2 days at Rally including a ride through Rushmore, Sturgis
Back via slab to Milwaukee > Ferry > Lansing > Home ! - figure 9 days

Gillette Rally

I am going to go the Sault Ste. Marie route since there is a KOA there and I will stay overnight and camp there. With the price of gas up here you have to save any way that you can. Right now gas is $1.11 a litre (3.78 litres to the gallon) and you guys complain at $3.25. For us that is cheap.

Did you figure out your route, which way you going Chicago, Ferry or Ste.Saint Marie?

ah ha ...

Canadian gallon is bigger than ours.
I Canadian Gallon = 1.2 US Gallon
$3.78/Cdn Gal = $3.90 US Gal, based on prices you listed for gas.

Back