• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

good news for TX Hill Country riders

henzilla

not so retired
Staff member
This WAS a great place for a huge weekend breakfast in the area between Austin & San Antonio...sounds like they are back...:thumb

sent to me from LT owner's site:

Being that I have Tues/Wed's off now, I hopped on the mandarin pig and headed from Oak Hill to Driftwood and took the back way to Wimberley with all the zig-zag turns dropping me on RR12. From Wimberley, I figured I'd mosey over to Blanco to see what all the fuss was about with the Sunset Cafe closing and being a gift shop of all things.

Much to my surprise, I saw a sign out front that said Sunset Re-Opening! Hmmmmm...... I fueled up and headed back to stick my head in and see what's up with the sign. I met the owners, Kenneth and Kimberly Chapman who said the Gift Shop sale fell through for various "city reasons". I told them I was sorry about the lost sale, but this was going to make a WHOLE LOT OF RIDERS REAL HAPPY again. They both smiled and gave me the new scoop and said they'd appreciate my offer to post they are back in business again.

They should open Nov 8th if all goes as planned. They will be open from 8am-3pm Mon, Thur, Fri, Sat, Sun and CLOSED Tue/Wed. They will serve breakfast and lunch menu items only from now on and you can still order breakfast till noon on Sat/Sun.

The only thing they dropped from the menu is the Chicken Pot Pie and the Quiche. (they sold the big walk-in cooler)

So........ Good eating will return in a week or so!"

Yeah, ...right in the town square on US 281 & RM 1888( one of the ways to Luckenbach & Albert,the town for sale on EBay). It faces the old courthouse building after you cross the Blanco River coming from San Antonio.
Good morning meeting and eating place on the weekends...local ranchers and groups of riders

Cool,maybe next Saturday

Yeah, ...right in the town square on US 281 & RM 1888( one of the ways to Luckenbach & Albert,the town for sale on EBay). It faces the old courthouse building after you cross the Blanco River coming from San Antonio.
Good morning meeting and eating place on the weekends...local ranchers and groups of riders

:thumb

Happened to stop in Blanco two weekends ago and parked in front of this place being worked on. Is this going to be the Sunset?

Attachments

• DSC01460.jpg
    DSC01460.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 58
Looking down the street to the right as if you had just come out the front.

Attachments

• DSC01461.jpg
    DSC01461.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 57
This is a back view of the courthouse across the street. It's all in the town square so everything is "Across the street". Not sure what the Sunset was or is about to be again, but Blanco is a great destination surrounded by some sweet roads. It's all good in that area.

Attachments

• DSC01463.jpg
    DSC01463.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 58
This is a back view of the courthouse across the street. It's all in the town square so everything is "Across the street". Not sure what the Sunset was or is about to be again, but Blanco is a great destination surrounded by some sweet roads. It's all good in that area.

Courthouse was built in 1885 and used as such from 1888-1892 when they moved the county seat up the road to Johnson City, stirring up some locals for awhile. Has been used as A school, a hospital ,various office uses and even a BBQ joint for a bit. There is a old, still in use hand set bowling alley off the square that also serves a mean breakfast...Called The Blanco Bowling Club.

Well now I have yet another reason to return. Good breakfast, the Sunset and this BBQ place at the opposite corner of the square called Riley's. You can see the red building off to the right. There was a line out the door due to the street fair going on that Saturday morning so we headed out without trying it.

Attachments

• DSC01462.jpg
    DSC01462.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 42
Back