• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Vicious Rumor from HD Biker

I think the Chinese make a copy of the Aral which is a Russian copy of a BMW, or something like that.

H-D American?

:bow :nyah I have a lot of friends who ride H-D, you know the bike made in America. Ha!! I was told by a family member of mine who is a purchasing agent for H-D that 85 percent of parts come from Italy and Japan. I do know that he buys all the leather for H-D from Brazil. Don't get me wrong, two wheels are two wheels, but I really get sick and tired of all my friends and other H-D riders telling me to ride an american bike. If I could find an H-D that was as nice as my BMW I would think....
No I'll stay with my beamer and listen to their crap.

And fwiw, BMW and Harley Davidson BOTH source parts from manufacturers all over the world and have for years. You think that ZADI ignition switch, Domino throttle, and Bosch FI was MANUFACTURED in Germany? Wake up. It's 2007.

Yup, I just replaced the headlight relay in my '83 RT and it was made in Hungary.
Got it from Max BMW.

Back