• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Post a pic of your Airhead

actually. no sarcasim ment, but that will clean up pretty good, except for the faded paint, otherwise all else lloks easy to clean

Three years of work on my airhead...

She started out looking like this in 2008:
IMG_7288.jpg
[/IMG]

Within a couple of months she looked like this:
IMG_7380.jpg
[/IMG]

Now, finally, she looks like this:
IMG_0190.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_0187.jpg
[/IMG]

And, just because I think it's a pretty picture:
IMG_0196.jpg
[/IMG]

Peanuts, horns?, reynolds, lesters, Icons or Konis? just noticed, ebc floating disks?

Yes, except that you found my weak point ... I think that those are stock shock absorbers that are almost worn out.
In a grand narcissistic effort, here are some notes on some of the things that were changed on this motorcycle. Some of these things you cannot see in the pictures, some you can.
I am ready for Rockerbox !!!!

Since I did pretty good in the last round, thought I would get out on the edge of the abyss and mention the Reynolds ride off stand and rear rack. Hope I didn't crash and burn. :)

Nice Fish

Mike;

I don't want to start pages of oil threads, but I notice you have an oil temperature dip stick, what does it read on a hot Wisconsin day?
Denny Pink
Fort Collins, CO.

Since I did pretty good in the last round, thought I would get out on the edge of the abyss and mention the Reynolds ride off stand and rear rack. Hope I didn't crash and burn. :)

Correct as usual.

I am going to give away the answer 'dual Brembo brake 1983 front end, bar mounted master cylinder, stainless braided brake lines, /7 seat, San Jose reinforced swing arm and electronic ignition' and close the contest. Those last two you can't really see very well anyway. You win Ben Gates' fish.

Mike;

I don't want to start pages of oil threads, but I notice you have an oil temperature dip stick, what does it read on a hot Wisconsin day?
Denny Pink
Fort Collins, CO.

Actually it would be more like a dipstick thread ... I have been called both an airhead and a dipstick and that was before I got my first BMW.

Back